Why make this you ask? Entropy and statistics are a well used methodology in the malware analysis field to determine if a binary file is encrypted, and by how much.
What is entropy? Entropy is a method for measuring uncertainty in a series of numbers or bytes. In technical terms, entropy measures the level of difficulty or the probability of independently predicting each number in the series.
What has this got to do with PS4s? Well the PS4's NOR is almost entirely encrypted and so with a collection of known valid NOR's it is possible to determine the level of entropy that represents a valid NOR and what level of entropy would represent a corrupt NOR.
1. PS4 10xx, 11xx or 12xx series
2. ESP8266 (Not the crazy hardcore wide versions with presoldered headers)
3. A USB extension cable, I used a micro to mini cable.
4. Cables that have header pins (male & female) - This isnt MANDATORY, but it makes it removable.
5. Screw Driver
6. Torx Screw Driver
7. Soldering Iron
8. Lead Solder
9. Flux Paste
10. Mana Level 100+ (Soldering exp)