Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a quick guide I made for bundling PS4 game updates into PKGs. PKG Kitchen 1.3 is used and all thanks to the toolmakers...

Game Update PKG

Needed: PKG Kitchen 1.3, Offline Update PKG ≤4.05

1:
Insert game disc and install
2: Exploit idc, xvortex ftp payload
3: Dump 4 files from system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/* to dump\appmeta\ (Must get these files before update)
4: Exit title/ftp, reboot, exploit xvortex, install sony game update pkg (This will be the hardest step, obtaining offline 4.05 updates)
5: Check for update to game on information screen
6: Reboot, exploit idc, xvortex ftp payload, minimize, load game, connect ftp
7: Dump /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg -> dump\pkg
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat -> dump\pfs\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* -> dump\app\sce_module\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-patch0-nest/pfs_image.dat, RENAME pfs_image2.dat -> dump\pfs\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-patch0/eboot.bin -> dump\app\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-patch0/sce_module/* -> dump\app\sce_module\ (Overwrite if prompted, update may not contain this folder and/or all files)
8: Reboot, remove disc, and delete game and all game data
9: Run _extract_pkg.bat and wait for success
10: Open /tools ArchiveExplorer.exe and open dump\pfs\pfs_image.dat and extract all to \app\
11: Open dump\pfs\pfs_image2.dat and extract all and overwrite to \app\
12: Copy and overwrite dump\app\* to \app\
13: Copy and overwrite dump\appmeta\* to \app\sce_sys\
14: Run _gen_gp4.bat and wait for success
15: Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 with /tools/orbis-pub-gen.exe and go to Command, Build Image, select save location and build.
16: Turn on PS4, load xvortex exploit, install new PKG with bundled update.

How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
Backing up Retail Games to Fake Pkg's (6.72 or Lower)
Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) Tutorial by Lush78.jpg

Comments

It is not advisable to create games with the included update, at least that it is not necessary for the correct functioning of the game (for example Project cars requires at least one update to work properly).

In my opinion the game should be installed in its original form without update, so you will have a 1: 1 backup in the future. You should look for a way to be able to install the updates separately. This is my opinion of course!

@chriss rob No, a permanent method hasn't been found yet for ps4hen. It can however be hosted remotely now, so you no longer have to host your own web exploit. Which makes it easier.. but the step of loading the exploit is still required.

In my opinion the game should be installed in its original form without update, so you will have a 1: 1 backup in the future. You should look for a way to be able to install the updates separately. This is my opinion of course!
This is, or better this would be my opinion too, if there was an alternative way to properly install kind of repacked fpkg Updates to an already installed fPKG.

But ... there isn't (yet?) ... And until this point i very much appreciate this method and hope to see some nice repacked fPKGs with Updates included. Hats off to @Lush78 for discovering this nice solution once more :cool:

The solution regarding a untouched backup is as easy as it gets --> keep both, untouched as well as updated fpkg ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back