Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a quick guide I made for bundling PS4 game updates into PKGs. PKG Kitchen 1.3 is used and all thanks to the toolmakers...

Game Update PKG

Needed: PKG Kitchen 1.3, Offline Update PKG ≤4.05

1:
Insert game disc and install
2: Exploit idc, xvortex ftp payload
3: Dump 4 files from system_data/priv/appmeta/CUSAxxxxx/* to dump\appmeta\ (Must get these files before update)
4: Exit title/ftp, reboot, exploit xvortex, install sony game update pkg (This will be the hardest step, obtaining offline 4.05 updates)
5: Check for update to game on information screen
6: Reboot, exploit idc, xvortex ftp payload, minimize, load game, connect ftp
7: Dump /user/app/CUSAxxxxx/app.pkg -> dump\pkg
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0-nest/pfs_image.dat -> dump\pfs\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-app0/sce_module/* -> dump\app\sce_module\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-patch0-nest/pfs_image.dat, RENAME pfs_image2.dat -> dump\pfs\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-patch0/eboot.bin -> dump\app\
/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/CUSAxxxxx-patch0/sce_module/* -> dump\app\sce_module\ (Overwrite if prompted, update may not contain this folder and/or all files)
8: Reboot, remove disc, and delete game and all game data
9: Run _extract_pkg.bat and wait for success
10: Open /tools ArchiveExplorer.exe and open dump\pfs\pfs_image.dat and extract all to \app\
11: Open dump\pfs\pfs_image2.dat and extract all and overwrite to \app\
12: Copy and overwrite dump\app\* to \app\
13: Copy and overwrite dump\appmeta\* to \app\sce_sys\
14: Run _gen_gp4.bat and wait for success
15: Open CUSAxxxxx.gp4 with /tools/orbis-pub-gen.exe and go to Command, Build Image, select save location and build.
16: Turn on PS4, load xvortex exploit, install new PKG with bundled update.

How to Install Older PS4 Game Updates on Any PS4 7.02/7.50
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
Backing up Retail Games to Fake Pkg's (6.72 or Lower)
Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages (PKGs) Tutorial by Lush78.jpg

Comments

For split pkg's, do i only need to merge the piece parts and ignore the delta patches, been asking for this for on other threads and i can't seem to get an answer, pardon my ignorance though, still trying to learn as much as i can

how to repack 4.55 update pkg files for 4.05 use?
i am unpack and repack 455 update pkg files by fake pkg tool 1.3 , it's always appear mesesage "this content will overwrite exist content" after try to install...

Hey fellas!

I'm getting an error has occurred (CE-36441-8) when installing an update on my 4.55

Any idea why this may be happening?

hi i'm new. i want to ask some questions. i have some ps4 game pkgs. so i want to add language psarc file into to game pkg. how can i do this.

another question can i make a patch pkg from language psarc file. so sorry my poor english

Hi - is there a repo or something else for Fake PKG Updates? or has anyone links to Fake PKG Updates? (I know that I have to rebuilt them)
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back