Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Security Engineer Andy Nguyen (theflow0) will be speaking at the Hexacon 2022 offensive security conference held in Paris, France that runs from October 14-15th this year presenting a new attack vector and a firmware-agnostic ROP-less exploit on both PS4 and PS5 in his BD-JB: Blu-ray Disc Sandbox Escape talk at 17:15 (5:15 PM) on Saturday, October 15th.

This comes following his BD-JB PS4 / BD-JB PS5 presentation of the Blu-ray Disc Java Sandbox Escape (PDF) at the HardWear.io Conference 2022, which can be restreamed via HardWear.io's YouTube Channel with both a PS4 BD-JB Partial Reimplementation and PS5 BD-JB Partial Reimplementation resulting from PS4Scene / PS5Scene devs thus far alongside some developer hints. :ninja:

While unconfirmed if this will indeed be the same presentation verbatim, @hyndrid optimistically speculates in the Tweets below that perhaps the KEX release was saved for this conference... although previous vulnerabilities were recapped at multiple events, including the You Got a Trophy: Jailbroken PS4 Synacktiv Presentation at SSTIC 2021 so only time will tell. :unsure:

:arrow: Update: Included in the Tweets below, theflow0 has now confirmed on Twitter that more will indeed be revealed about the PS5 kernel exploit at Hexacon 2022.
Andy Nguyen (theflow0) to Speak on PS4  PS5 BD-JB Exploit at Hexacon 2022.jpg

Comments

@blimblim04
The description is exactly the same but isn't just a little nonsense that he comes over there to present the thing that he has already presented and there is also on the internet? Unfortunately there is no transparency.

@andisheegold
There are more questions than answers, why does theflow0 will go to France to show something that didn't show here on USA? Makes no sense to me. I hope he can tell or give something else to the guys who are working on it. I know he has a lot more than what he showed. I wont either get surprise or upset because we know him long time ago, patience and time will tell us.

Right but he didnt state anything until last October that he had debug on PS5 I believe?

Looks like I was wrong it was November 7 2021 when he announced he had debug on PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back