Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter misthalu       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

misthalu

Developer
Contributor
I gotta admit I don't have a huge interest in hacking as such, so I have no clue what's available and what's impossible.

But I'd love to be able to play a Blu-ray folder structure from USB on PS3 or PS4. I know it was possible once on early firmwares of the PS3, but then Sony removed that feature again for unknown but surely silly reasons. Logically it should be possible to get that functionality back again with a hack? But what's this hack called? And how do I get it?

Thanks!

That's a depressive answer. :(

And difficult to believe too.

All we need is some way of tricking the PS3 / PS4 into thinking that it's looking at the optical drive....

This is the same question i had, maybe injecting a payload.. I thought maybe playing files from USB or maybe create an USB Image that ps4 think the usb is a blu ray.

Everything is possible but at this time it's too difficult to do that , maybe in the future , the progress will issue by reading a Blu-ray via USB (6.02 OFW Exploit on the debug consoles) ... And will hopefully see MultiMan on PS4 !

I could understand it being difficult, if the PS3 had never been able to do it before. But we know that the PS3 could do with earlier firmwares, so it shouldn't be that difficult... logically.

I suspect it's more a matter of a lack of interest among those who do the hacking...

Yes , it's clearly a lack of interest but i think it will be a thing soon to play a Blu-Ray from the USB/HDD. And i'm sure that the most of developers right now are just focusing on higher firmwares (like the 6.02 OFW) with the progress made by MrNiato and surely by others on private, it's about time before having more options to do with a jailbroken PS4 !

I just found this from 2017.

States that Blu-ray ISO files should actually be playable. o_O

Gotta try soon, but I seriously doubt it.

Edit: Tried it, and of course it is bs as we knew.

I seem to remember other false into from that same site. Wonder what their deal is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back