Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 19, 2016 at 12:11 AM       28      

Should Apple Build a Custom iOS version for the US Government?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CNN, Apple has been ordered to create a backdoor to their iPhone for the FBI to use to examine a phone recovered from the San Bernardino shooters.

In response, Apple CEO Tim Cook published an open letter to customers to get their feedback on what he calls "an overreach by the U.S. government" in attempt to help combat terrorism.

While I personally can't stand Apple (Droid fan here :p) I'm inclined to agree that Apple shouldn't be forced to build an iOS version that bypasses and compromises their security encryption, although in certain cases such as this I can see the U.S. government's point of view as well.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Feel free to comment or vote in the Poll :cool:
Apple_Hacking.jpg

Comments

I can understand the point on of terrorism but at what cost? You realy want your privacy invaded like that just cuz of the government thinks we need to monitor there situation. But who's to decide who we should realy monitor? Every1 behind the government is all politicians and are just crooked as the terrorist should we the ppl monitor them 2?

Probably only on $ony stuff, from his page lol:

"geohot's home on the internet... ain't my web design skills sick?

buy an Apple, Microsoft, LG, Samsung, Nintendo, ...

don't buy a Sony, (sue me, and your name can get added here)"

My gut feeling is that Apple will do it, but in their own controlled way. They're not just going to hand over a piece of software to the government that they could potentially install on any iPhone. I think that if Apple gets the phone in hand, they will unlock it and return to the government, but with original unmodified software. If I were Apple, that is how I'd do it. Just keep in mind that this could have just a easily been an Android phone as well. I commend Apple for sticking to their guns on this.

My gut feeling is that Apple will do it, but in their own controlled way. They're not just going to hand over a piece of software to the government that they could potentially install on any iPhone. I think that if Apple gets the phone in hand, they will unlock it and return to the government, but with original unmodified software. If I were Apple, that is how I'd do it. Just keep in mind that this could have just a easily been an Android phone as well. I commend Apple for sticking to their guns on this.
That depends on how much they can profit from it everything now days all resorts to money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back