Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

Stop self-deception, Multiman will not do magic, many of the things you want to do can only be done through payloads since it is the only way to have administration permissions, a simple homebrew APP does not have access to the system since it does not have a entry point that explode, for now it can only be done through browser.

stogged , sometime after doing the payload some game did n link correctly to any off my 2 external hdd. What can be the cause of that. I notice i have that issue whit hdd usb 2.0. No problem with hdd 3.0

ok im sorry but 35 pages is alot to read, just want to confirm that games i have stored internally, after running payload it will copy to ext. hdd? is modded warfare's method quicker? or is this process pretty quick as well?

@anagia "You can finally attach an external hard drive disk (HDD) to your PlayStation 4 as part of firmware update 4.50. There's one thing you'll need to keep in mind before you take advantage of this feature, though: your external HDD must support USB 3.0. If it's a USB 2.0 drive, then it won't meet Sony's transfer speed requirements and won't work. Fortunately, this applies to most modern external HDDs."

That is off one of many quick google searches. NO the ps4 won't work with usb 2.0

@barelynotlegal -- ya it is a bit confusing there is APP2USB, PKG2USB or allowing the ps4 to do its version of extended storage. 3 methods... as to which is the fastest to take a game in its' entirety and move completely to external and also run from there - not sure which is fastest and "most" complete way

CUSA90160 which is a homemade ps2 emulated SLUS20202 (Crazy Taxi) doesn't copy over for me, Its the only ps2 pkg i have so dont know if its just that one or all, Ive tried v9 and v10 and have to say its only a small prob with this great tool, I love it, Thanks for taking time to support it, Its only 80meg pkg so maybe thats the prob ? im on 4.05

stripnwild well i have 3 hdd each 1 terabyte 2.0 full of games and all work smoth. Whaever hes written in goggle i did n put attention,i just conect usb 2.0 formatted exfat and work s for me. Was working o 4.05 and now in 4.55. Why you dont try ? you may will be surprise
nb i have ps4 slim 2016

@anagia I only have 2 8TB external HD that are both 3.0 USB

Having external HD's that are 2.0 USB may work but you also may get speed issues and or hanging sometimes because they aren't 3.0 USB. There is no fix for that. If they work for you great, but if you are getting errors you can't change the ps4 hardware to work "better" with 2.0

stripnwild the only isue i notice hes this.Games they installed a little slow, that s all.

I did play already 120 games from hdd 2.0 and never had hanging problem or glitch or graphic error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back