Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

i thought you mentioned you had a linking error? Either way happy it works for you! :) (I simply meant if there are issues it is probably due to the fact of usb 2.0)

@Lush78

no that's a deeper issue, the native barrier is that the system wont launch the game once its on the ext drive, the title screen loads but when it goes to sandbox the app it fails and pops an error.

the syscall problem I have is installing the games via the pkg installer to the exfat formatted usb hdd.

I'm not even sure its possible but when you install a pkg it goes into bgft as a task and copies from the usb drive to that location and once the ps4 does its magic it moves the .pkg to the correct user/app/cusaxxxxx folder using rename(128)

if you try and do this between the internal hdd and the usb hdd you will get a cross-device link error which is expected.

the rename syscall needs to be hooked and replaced with a function that will copy the file by read/write bytes or another syscall if available to copy the file and not use rename.
it should be possible to modify the hen payload to do this.

on the ext native drive the bgft and tasks are installed to the ext drive so cross-device is not a problem because its moving within the same drive but the pkg installer wont install to the ext drive because it seems to throw an error claiming the source pkg you are installing does not exist.

I have tried the payload, did like moddedwarfare video, and it is copying all the games instead just linking the selected one at the list. I have uncommented both lines, and still copying games I don't want. What do I do wrong?

@MODDEDWARFARE maybe you can help me? I did exactly as in your video and it is copying games I don't want (uncommented both checkusb and modemove and listed few games I wanted to link, but it still copying other games from internal hdd

@Lidor Baum

try download the payload again from GitHub, there was a bug a few days ago(v10) with the move/ignore list.

also what firmware are you running 4.05 or 4.55?
I will test the payload to see if there is an error.

I just updated it to v12.
its nothing major I just added a indicator of transfer speed.

20180323_100101.jpg

@stooged or anyone else that may be able to shed some light/insight. I have a PS4 Slim on 4.55 with a WD easystore 8TB external USB 3.0 hdd. everything was going fine until this morning I was trying to FTP an image to /mnt/usb0 and the max spend the PS4 would receive the file was 2-4MB/sec where as its normally 30+MB/sec.

So I was running the new App2USB v12 and it was only getting 1-2MB/sec and it was almost 80% of the first "app" and i left the room for a minute and came back and the tv screen was black and the PS4 had just powered off.

I've been googling and checking reddit threads/posts about PS4 external HDDs and bottlenecks. from what I currently understand there is a "hardware" bottleneck but why would it just now start (the hdd is about 2 to 3 weeks old) I defragmented and retried with no speed increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back