Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@fattony88

Sometimed when you connect the hdd it does not connect properly and it is slow. You just unplug it and reconnect it.
I have noticed this happening often when testing the apptousb payload.

@stooged thank you kindly sir, I was worried my New 8Tb drive was already dead! but as of now everything is back to normal! Thanks for your insight and time, and especially all the time you have put forth to your projects, I love them and use them daily! take care.

@stooged once again today I returned to a powered off TV+PS4+Ext HDD... It managed to finish CUSA04885, but shutdown sometime during CUSA03309. I'm running 4.55 and use your android PS Serve 2 apk to send the payload, any insight or instructions you would like me to follow to replicate this or anything to help? Thank you again kindly.

@stooged again it is not working for me :(
It is ignoring the ini file and list, it is automatically start copying random games to the external without pay attention to the ini file. (which I configured to just linking existed apps specific games) . Please help me. Version 12 fw4.55

@fattony88

I just ran apptousb on those 2 pkg files also including another 40gb pkg so there were 3 in total in the test and they all transferred without issue.

have you got your ps4 power save settings set to "do not turn off"?
if you leave the power save settings on the ps4 can shut down after 20 minutes if it thinks the console is idle.

also if you are using the new exploit it might cause the ps4 to lagg or freeze its best to use the old exploit.

this is how you want the power save settings "Do Not Turn Off"

20180325_110756.jpg

@fattony88 this happened with me too. But following @stooged solution worked for me. If you get slow speeds, just cancel it, disconnect USB, exit browser and connect it again after a bit and you should get full speeds.

I've also noticed that if you run HEN before app2usb it usually gives solves the issue, so you may want to try that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back