Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

hi every one and thanks from @stooged
so i have one question ! when game goes to ext. hdd ,what is it the format ?
is it the .pkg? so if yes, can we use that pkg again for game installation ?

@FFTHEWINNER
its best to keep it as ignore the titles so the games you never want moved don't get moved and you can just install more then run the payload really easy.
if you set it as titles to move you will have to edit the ini every time you install a game and want it moved.

I will add it because it is a request but I still think ignore is best.
I will set it up with something like MODE_IGNORE or MODE_MOVE in the ini to tell the payload how to handle the list.

Hey
Whats the change in v3?
Can you make a noob vidieo?
And i need to move the folder from hdd (cusa) only 1 time? After that i need only to install games and run the payload and it do the job?

@DjmoslemoK
the app.pkg is the same as the pkg you used to install it the ps4 just makes a 1 to 1 copy of the pkg you use to install and names it app.pkg.

but be aware if you delete the game in the ps4 menu it will delete the app.pkg on the usb.
so don't use the usb drives PS4 folder as your only copy of the pkg files you have downloaded.
if you do use it as the only source unplug the usb drive before you delete a game in ps4 menu and it cant delete the app.pkg on the usb because the usb is not connected.

@Orgad
v3 changes:
This software update improves payload performance ;)

tutorial:
1: install games like normal with hen.
2: plug in usb hdd.
3: run AppToUsb payload and wait until it finishes.

play games :)

adding more games??

1: install games like normal with hen.
2: plug in usb hdd.
3: run AppToUsb payload and wait until it finishes.

play more games.

u still haven't answered to my question.
why not creating the symlinks without actually installing it on the internal hdd, just signing it from external.

in other words :
the ps will have a folder of its cusa in its internal but only symlinks, and the actual game will be on the external, without the need of installing it on the internal and moving it back again.

@mtnjustme
that's like saying why not just install custom firmware and have no need for kexploits and webkits.

for the ps4 to have the game in its menu and playable you need to install it with hen.
if you could just put a game pkg on a usb drive and have it work we wouldn't need hen.

you are limited to what the ps4 software allows and to get the game to install you need to run hen to patch a lot of stuff, enable the "free" flag and allow debug keys to be used, that's why they are called fake packages.

you can make a folder and put the fpkg on the usb drive like USB:/PS4/CUSA00000/app.pkg

then install the game via hen and when you run the AppToUsb payload it will find that pkg and just link it and not have to copy from the system.

but hen is signing the game and copying the pkg as it is to internal, thats how u do the checking isn't it?

so why not just signing it, without actually installing (moving the pkg from external to internal), and create the symlink directly afterwards, that would take like 0 secs instead of actually copying the pkg to internal.

@stooged thanks very much! Personally i prefer to keep almost all of my games on my internal HDD except for the really huge ones, so that is why i wanted the option to choose which ones to move so the juggernauts are on the USB HDD and the rest are on the internal :)

also, an additional thank you for all your work so far on the scene! you rock man! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back