Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

edit to the above. re-exacted the original .zip. there are now folders and files within "SFO" folder. I go back to the CMD black box and navigate to the extracted folders. and type fix_db.py PS4_192.168.0.187
and i get:
Code:
traceback (most recent call last):
file "C:\PS4_db_rebuilder-0.1\fix_db.py" line51 in <module>
ftp.connect (PS4_IP, 1337, timeout=30)
file "C:\PS4_db_rebuilder-0.1\fix_db.py" line152 in connect source    address_self.source_address
last line readsline 748, in getaddrinfo socket.gaierror: {Errno 11001} getaddrinfo failed?
just tried your above two suggestions... no luck JUST TRIED "fix_db.py 192.168.0.187 and a bunch of CUSA blah blah flashed

maybe that worked but no i have to figure out how to log out as a user while NOT closing the browser? said processing table:

tbl_appbrowse_051059217 etc etc so i think it found all the symlinks... but i don't know how to log out without closing teh browser?

re-ran the script... up comes "processing Gameid:CUSA00002... completed 42302308352" "processing Gameid:CUSA00003... completed 15739322368"

does this for half minute and lists14
and on the next one comes up: "processing Gameid: CUSA00079...Traceback (most recent call last)"

i just did the logout etc (like you said) comes back on... i got to the library to see all teh games listed on my ext HD but nothing shows still

It looks like the script is failing on CUSA00079. Is that one of the missing games ? (Injustice gods among us)

There is a video of Retrogamer using the script.

In the description there is a link to a .bat and exe of the script that he uses. Maybe they they will work better for you. It's worh a try.

redid the whole steps again ...runs into the same thing lists 14 "processing Gameid: CUSA00002...completed 42302308352" and stops. the very last one says: ",line 246, in getresp paise error_perm (resp) ftplib.error_perm:550 the file doesn't exist ?

THANKS SO MUCH @Leeful btw!!!! I'll give that a shot etc. Also hate to clog this thread :p sorry guys

ya it is def failing on game CUSA00079 can't find or something? Could have been a game that was previously deleted via ps4 at some point etc? Either way the video doesn't show that sort of an error so no idea ?

nope. :unsure:

@stooged It appears that when you delete a game off your external HD it leaves the folder with 4 files in it: icon0.png, pic0.png, snd0.at9 and CUSA00000.txt file (which I'm assuming is the symlink)

While trying to use PS4_db_rebuilder it fails at CUSA00079. If i plug in the external HD to the computer that folder exists but is empty. Is there a way to put a dummy file in there perhaps so that the PS4_db_rebuilder can continue?

@stripnwild
The png and txt files are created by apptousb so you can edit the icons so deleting the game on the ps4 will not remove those.

I dont know how the db rebuilder works so i cant offer much of a solution for your problem.

I can only guess that the db rebuilder cycles through the app folder and recreates the db entries for each cusa title.

You could try and delete the entire CUSA00079 folder using ftp so the db rebuilder does not find CUSA00079 and try to recreate the db entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back