Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

ya tried that with no luck :( (was a pain in the ass to try to delete it too... because regular ftp doesn't give you full access to delete... so had to install orbisman which half works. eventually got that i could delete that folder)

I then tried reinstalling that older game... that worked for CUSA00079... Ran the script again and now it stops at CUSA00938 I guess i have to reinstall any games it stops at? (problem is I don't know how much is available on the internal and i cant run app2usb because that might make things even worse?)

P.S. Thanks for the reply!

update: got it to work... had to install the odd game here and there. (didn't matter if I removed all of the folders previously associated to that game or not) ran the script once those games installed on the internal and it reset all the symlinks - going to back on my database once i move the reinstalled games (hopefully they fit) to the external HD again - Thanks for the help! @Leeful @stooged @jwooh

I just upgraded from a 1TB to a 4TB hard drive, I copied all the games from old to the new hard drive then ran AppToUsb to transfer rest of my games from PS4 to the new hard Drive.

Everything is working but if I look at storage ps4 still seems to think I have 1TB drive if I look in devices the new Hard Drive is recognized correctly as a 4TB drive.

How can I get storage to show correctly ? (I'm using hen 1.6)

Can anyone shed anything on the above question?

@JakeyWineBottle - one of the pages near the beginning of this thread takes about how the ps4 sees the amount of storage etc... you would have to sift through the pages... but long story short, the amount of storage is all there!

@stooged can we use HEN V1.8 if we have always been using HEN V1.7?? Does it screw up the installed games to external which were done on HENv1.7 app2usb? No one really knows what the difference is between the two HENs?? Should we all be using 1.8 (I know to use remote installer you can only use v1.8?? What's the dif?

@stripnwild Here is a basic changelog for HEN on 5.05:
  • v1.5 First Release for 5.05
  • v1.6 Bugfixes
  • v1.7 Added External HDD Support
  • v1.8 Added Remote pkg Installer Support
You are perfectly fine using v1.8 if you were always using v1.7 before.

The only people who have had problems are some who originally installed games using old versions of mirahen and then started to use the regular hen instead.

In theory the next version of HEN (v1.9) should be one with the added patches from flatz to fix the rest mode problems. The only problem with this is that nobody has been successful in implementing these patches yet and getting it to work.

I have read some 40 odd pages but could not find if this is answered.

I have used app2usb and now my External HDD is like 90 % full (2 TB external capacity). Post that , Also my Internal space is about 90% full (1 tb ps4 pro).

What will happen if I trigger payload now, as the internal is having more pkg than it can fit on external?

Will it fill 100 % of external hdd and then tell me not possible to proceed further ?

How do i know exactly which are copied and which are not ? hope that there is no partial copy of pkg to external and it's safe to proceed.

Friends, I tried above and the hard fact is app2usb does not check for required space prior to copy. It does not check whether complete pkg can be copied or not ...This resulted in corrupting one of my pkg whose backup I did not had.

@stooged , If you read this please revert.

Also can some one suggest a easy way to check what's installed on external drive and what's on internal drive. (I know I can count manually on hdd but very difficult as equal no of games are installed on internal)

@Zabak As far as I know, App2usb will not change the link to a game until it has 100% copied it to the external USB first. So It cannot corrupt any of your pkg's.

If there is not enough room on the USB, the last PKG that is copied to the USB might be incomplete on the USB, but the PKG on the PS4 will still be complete and will still work on your PS4.

@stooged Can you please confirm this.

@Leeful
I am 100% sure that the pkg was complete on internal and working on ps4. I purposely knew that size of internal is more than what is left on external hdd.

I checked file modified date on external hdd and last file was same which got partially copied leaving zero space.

@Leeful
that is correct when the transfer gets interrupted but it does not check for remaining space so if you run out of space during a transfer it will still link and delete.

my office is getting renovated atm but in a few days when I have everything setup again I will modify it to verify the pkg transfer is completed properly before it links and deletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back