Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@CapoCEO I was told that the space gets calculated as you use it. That it only calculates what your internal HDD is plus whatever space is used on the USB. But, I was also warned not to check the HDD space in storage once I make it to 6TB as that will freeze the PS4. Other than that, it works.

@phsycomikeo verry strange dit you try downloading app2usb 5.05 + the ini file again .do you use the same usb as before.if you put god of ware (if have the cusa id from app2usb) on your internal and on your usb so it can do the systemlink maybe after that it will be ok

i didn't understand.

if i buy an external hdd usb 3.0, can i put some of my games in this hdd and play them from this?

So some games in internal hdd and some in external, and play all ?

@robertusit yep ,but if you want to play from ext hdd install on internal first then use apptousb to transfer ore to save time copy the same game to usb hdd as well and app2usb will just link it. also format as exfat and don't use extended storage on you're ps4. also the total storage capacity on the ps4 wil be wrong

@phsycomikeo you're sure the ini file is in your ps4 folder ext hdd: /ps4/cusa00000
hdd:/ps4/ini file

@phsycomikeo try moving 1 game (for testing) from internal to ext hdd, leave the options in the .ini file as in your spoiler and put a copy of that pkg you want to move in you're ps4 folder. so if you have a game cusa00000 on you're int hdd put a copy of that game in the ps4 folder /ps4/cusa00000 and also put cus00000 in the cusa list in the .inifile. see if app2usb links it to your ext. (try loading it with ext hdd removed)

hi guys anyone can help me ?
i did update to 5.05 now all my games on extrernal drive did n work ! Ouw can i fixed the issue. The symlink i think change! There hes anything i can do to fix them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back