Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@stripnwild
Deleting the game from the library will only delete what the console chooses to, if the hdd is plugged in any file the console tries to delete that is linked on the hdd will be deleted but a empty file will be left behind.

Thanks for the reply and info @stooged - appreciate it! Deleting files manually while the external hd is connected to PC is that okay... or will it affect the symlink stuff etc?

I find it best to delete them though the console library and then use the pc to delete anything the console did not delete.

If I want to share the same external hdd games between my 2 consoles do I need to install all the games again or is there some faster method I could follow

@stooged Being that the app works better then the Sony extended storage, and also is not limited like using official extended storage. Is there a limit on the external HD size that the ps4 will read?

I know if you used the official extended storage it will read an 8tb external HD... BUT since everyone uses your AWESOME app could we use a 10tb external HD? Or even bigger?

The theoretical limit should be the maximum volume size of the exfat filesystem.

Someone will just have to test it with a large hdd to know for certain.

I'd love to know the answer to that question myself. And if you can use more than 1 hard drive, as in some apps symlinked to the other USB slot.

im sorry but i didnt have time to read thru 82 pages of Q's, and im sure this has been asked a lot. say after installing complete library to external hdd you want to put a game back to internal hdd, do i just reinstall the pkg or can i import it somehow? and what does this do saves? what a database rebuild, can anything be recovered if no .db back up?

can i somehow relink the syslinks back to external? if .db is lost or not showing any games on external? i had a .db rebuild on a panic attack yesterday. there is a lot of folders inside that dam ps4 folder lol

im trying hen 1.7 and a ps4 formatted hdd, totally different one than used before (no ps4 format) and my console keeps telling me application is already installed, even though its not in .db and this hdd is a fresh format/install
thanX in advance

@barelynotlegal If you just reinstall it will install to the internal drive. I have done it a few times now.

Sounds like you rebuilt your database. Which removes all the fake packages from the menu. They are still installed on the internal/external, but you won't be able to see them. There is an option to back that up, but I am guessing you didn't do it lol.

So you will have to remove them all from the ps4 if you don't want the "already installed messages" and reinstall... or just reinstall them all one by one with that stupid message popping up everytime (aka, no mass install and walk away for 5 hrs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back