Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

I pushed another update for it with a function to try and prevent cross linking when the mount points change on the console.

https://github.com/stooged/AppToUsb-50X/releases

the idea is when you go to use more than 1 hdd and you use SKIP_DRIVE there is another flag added to check the mount point of the drive before moving apps to it to ensure that usb1 always gets usb1 symlinks and usb0 always gets usb0 symlinks.

using this flag in the ini MOUNT_POINT=0 will force the payload to always make sure that particular hdd is only allowed to use usb0 and changing it to MOUNT_POINT=1 will make sure its only allowed to use usb1 and so on upto MOUNT_POINT=7 which is usb7 the highest mount point on the ps4.

if the MOUNT_POINT number does not match the USB mount assigned by the ps4 AppToUsb will exit.

the first drive you have used with the old AppToUsb is usb0 so the default is MOUNT_POINT=0

when you decide to ignore your first drive(USB0) and plugin a second drive(USB1) so both drives will be connected at the same time you set the ini on the First Drive to "SKIP_DRIVE" (enabled) with MOUNT_POINT=0 because it was USB0 to start with.

on the Second Drive you leave "//SKIP_DRIVE" (disabled) and set the mount point to MOUNT_POINT=1 because it is going to be USB1

setting it this way will make sure that if the defined usb1 drive gets switched to usb0 by the console on reboot AppToUsb will not write usb0 links to the drive that should be usb1 leaving you with a drive that has links for usb0 and usb1.

you might ask why does it matter...

well if the drive is mounted to usb0 and it has a symlink on the console pointing to a game being on usb1 the game will not launch because its looking for a directory on usb1 but the drive is mounted to usb0.

tldr:
its to make sure all the links to a single drive are always usb0 or usb1 and never a mix of multiple mount points etc.
this is why the original AppToUsb 4.55> was locked to usb0.

if the mount points switch just unplug drives and plugin the drive that should be usb0 first then plugin usb1 then usb2 and so on.

@stooged quick question, when the external HD is getting full does he app automatically not let you transfer pkgs over to the external HD?

Is there a certain amount of space that is left by default, or that we should be leaving etc?

(I think there is about 600 gig left on my 8tb (Yet on the computer it says just over 1 tb free?) and I tried to copy over a pkg around 30 gig and it doesn't seem to move it to external - just curious that's all) I'll try running the app again and see if it will move them?

hmm tried again and it won't move the two games that are installed internally to the external HD? This is the .ini file:

To skip copying pkg files to this hdd uncomment the line below.
be aware when using this if your usb mount points switch it will break the links and the games will not load until you plug the drives back in the correct order.
//SKIP_DRIVE

When using skip drive and mulitple drives at the same time you need to specify the intended mount point of the usb hdd. your first drive should be 0 and second drive should be 1 ending at a maximum of 7. this will prevent the payload writing usb0 links to the usb1 drive if the mount points switch on the console.
MOUNT_POINT=0

To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
//CHECK_USB (I leave this because i install them first anyway to test)

To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
//RENAME_APP (I've tried uncommenting but it doesn't seem to do any renaming)

To disable the processing of icons/art and sound uncomment the line below.
//DISABLE_META (I leave this because I do want it to transfer icons)

To leave game updates on the internal drive uncomment the line below.
//IGNORE_UPDATES (I leave this because I do want updates moved to external)

To move DLC to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
MOVE_DLC (I uncomment this because I do want DLCs moved to external)

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
MODE_MOVE (I uncommented this RECENTLY because I decided to keep some PS2 games on internal and added their folders below right? But I wonder if this is somehow preventing moving the two big games to the external also??)

Example ignore or move usage.

SCUS97490
SLES50988
SLES51252
SLES51723
SLES52017
SLES52801
SLES55574

is the //RENAME_APP basically if you had previously installed a game eg UP1004-SLUS20090_00-SCUS974900000001-A0100-V0100 and you have now renamed it to ps2gamename.pkg ----> it will then rename the pkg on the external from UP1004 blah blah to ps2gamename.pkg correct?

Maybe I should explain the question better for the rename_app ......what I mean is on the ignore list you normally would put CUSA00000. If you have renamed the pkg from CUSA00000 to GameName_CUSA00000.... Does that mean on the .ini file instead of writing:

CUSA00000

You would write
GameName_CUSA00000

Correct? This would then leave the pkg on the internal?

The payload doess not check the remaining disk space.

Rename app was to just change the old naming convention from app.pkg to the pkg name that was originally used to install the game.

If you uncomment MODE_MOVE you must list the games that are to be moved any game not listed will be ignored.

So in your ini with MODE_MOVE uncommented you are telling the payload to only move
SCUS97490
SLES50988
SLES51252
SLES51723
SLES52017
SLES52801
SLES55574

And ignore moving all other games

think i got it... so if you have 30 games installed internally and only want to move two of the games you must uncomment MODE_MOVE and then list the other 28 games?? correct?

A suggestion possibly on future releases might be a simple "ignore the following games from moving" instead of having to change the .ini file each time and listing all the new games to move? (just a suggestion. I have 3 or 4 games couple of games that i like to keep internal the rest are always moved to the external)

cheers and thanks for the reply Stooged!!

To ignore games you make mode_move commented //MODE_MOVE and the list of games in ini is the ignore list not a move list

@stooged I asked in my last post if changing external PKG locations from /PS4/CUSAXXXXX to / (root) is possible? (So that [Debug Settings] > [Game] > [Package Installer] detects it)

@BigWadger was against this idea because root would be crowded with PKGs, Icons, Updates, & DLCs. He made good points, but I'd still like if this option is possible.

Anyways, now I'm wondering if I could either:
  • A. Change external PKG locations to root for only some PKGs, or...
  • B. Make symlinks to root for only some PKGs
Basically, I just want to seamlessly transfer some PKGs back-and-forth internal-external without ever going to a PC. This is convenient for when I change my regular internal games often, and when something/someone else needs the external HDD while I'm playing an external game. It'd be easier if I don't have to keep going upstairs to do this. HEN 1.7's external HDD support allows this but I prefer to use App2USB.

Also related to point B, if symlinks inside external HDD is possible, I'm wondering if I could just install the symlink instead of the full PKG for faster installation?

@stooged With the new PSN Activated PSN Profile backup that you use with restore system, it apparently unlocks the psn stuff so you can transfer saves to usb etc etc. In the instructions it tells you that it WILL wipe your ps4 will restoring.

My question is since it wipes the ps4 clean (but gives you activated psn features) the symlinks will probably be lost... i have an 8TB full... would running the APPtoUSB rebuild this simply or would there more more steps involved etc?? thanks!

Does anyone know if you rebuild your ps4 (i want to add this psn activated account since i've never been online with it) but I know it wipes the ps4 clean, how or what is involved with rebuilding all the symlinks for the8TB ext HD??

Can you give some advice on what to do if the system is rebuilt (so that an activated psn account can be cheated) how or what to do with the symlinks? would it just be a matter or running the APPtoUSB app to re connect them all or would it involve re-installing all the games internally again and then linking?

If you mean restoring a backup from another ps4 console.
Doing that will basically wipe the ps4 console and any data on it while installing the userdata from the backup.

All the games would need to be reinstalled to setup the license data, meta and db. After installing the games you could then run apptousb to relink them.

A lot of the apps will still ask you to sign into psn after the restore is done on the new console.

As an example i have a psn activated ps4 and netflix and plex work on it but when i do a backup to usb of that console and restore it to a different console both netflix and plex require me to sign into psn and wont work on the restored console.

Results might be different for you but that is what happened while testing it on a original ps4 and a pro.

I guess that is the same thing as using this "activated psn account" and inject and then restore (or rebuild the datatbase) of your ps4 (so that your ps4 will now have a activated psn without actually ever creating a psn account etc)

So I assume (like you just said ) I would then have to reinstall 8tb worth of games internally even though the games are all on the external HD and then run your app (APPtoUSB) so it recreates the symlink <------correct?

Thanks for the reply btw appreciate your work and your great app!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back