Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest entry to the world of PS4 Backporting comes from developer @RetroGamer74 of RetroGamer Live following his Kill'em All 1.00 PS4 PKG Homebrew Game release via Twitter dubbed AutoBackPort tool for backporting 6.72 to 5.05 game PS4 FPKGs to play on a PS4 Jailbroken Console! :fire:

Download: AutoBackPort_1.11.rar (17.5 MB - includes AutoBackPort.exe)

Spoiler: Depreciated

This follows yesterday's PS4 Backporter v1.1 update and the previously released SELFUtil by Znullptr, PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/BackPort Tool and EZ PS4 Downporter tool for Windows.

Here's a brief outline of the instructions from his Tweets below:

1. Select the Dumped 6.72 PKG
2. Select a temp folder for several files extraction
3. Select a folder to build the PKG fix
4. Press button

v0.35 Changelog:

Fixes:

• Check target folders. Remember to use a different folder for each option. Do not use the ROOT folder.
  • Check when copying param.sfo.final file
v0.5 Changelog:
  • Performance improvements.
  • Folders clean when process finishes.
  • Popup showing folder containing final pkg at the end.
  • Other fixes reported.
v0.6 Changelog:
  • Performance Improvements in extraction procedure.
  • Performance Improvements in decrypt and downgrade.
  • Several fixes.
  • Fix to clean completely folders at the end.
v0.7 Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue that was building updates with the Damage Data message in PS4. i.e.: Update 1.51 for Days Gone is successfully built.
v0.8 Changelog:
  • Faster file processing
  • Fixed issue when PKG is missing at the end PKG built result monitored.
  • If error there will be a log.
  • Reduce height window size for ppl with low resolutions.
  • Better folders clean than before
v0.85 Changelog:
  • Fix index out of bounds error included in 0.8 by mistake
  • Fix CE-40745-5 Error
  • EA Patch games special implementation
  • Other incompatibility issues for ppl using Windows 7/8
v0.86 Changelog:
  • Fixed and issue that could make lost a file in the PKG.
Those interested can give it a try and as always feel free to share your results in the comments! (y)

v1.00 Changelog:
  • Faster than ever before
  • New progress bar for PKG Building process
  • Faster PKG creation without Delta
  • Just one folder as destination
  • Autosave & Autoload the last folder used
v1.01 Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue when trying to rebuild the same project two times.
  • Added a group of expert features
  • Expert feature for pausing the process just before the PKG build for adding, replacing, or removing files
v1.02 Changelog:
  • Fix small issue when building update with EA Patch checked
  • Pause check button moved to the right
v1.03 Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue that could extract unnecessary files
  • Added new feature to check if you're using the latest release
v1.04 Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue in the progress bar limit reported by several users.
  • Fixed an issue when moving the final package when repeating the procedure several times
  • Added a file counter in the extraction progress
  • Fixed an issue in expert mode.
v1.05 Changelog:
  • New feature to auto fix NP-32046-5 error
  • AutoBackPort will detect encrypted trophy files and will show you the procedure to fix it.
  • As much automatic as can be.
v1.06 Changelog:
  • Issue CE-40740-5 fixed. (I hope) :) This issue happened when decrypting files if destination folder contained blank spaces.
v1.07 Changelog:
  • Finally we got it. The full fix for the issue CE- 40740-5. Thanks everybody for the feedbacks. A missing line :)
Spoiler: Related Tweets

AutoBackPort 0.7 Successful Days Gone 1.51 Update Built.
EA Patch for PS4 Backups. AutoBackPort by RetroGamer_74
PS4 Hack - Do not use small size backport fix for updates. Why?
AutoBackPort 1.00
AutoBackPort 1.05 NP-32046-5 Built-in error fixer
AutoBackPort 0.3 Tool for Backporting 6.72 to 5.05 PS4 FPKGs by RetroGamer74.jpg

Comments

@miri2121 That error is the default error when you try to install the game you downloaded without doing any backport. So something you’re doing is wrong. The app is modifing the files for sure. So I guess you think you install that modification package and it is saved in the system even if you try to add any update later.

Try to explain here what steps are you doing and I mean what is what you’re installing in the PS4 and in which order.
Cheers

Explain in detail. What games? How're you building the pkg. And how are you installing them? Show me the steps you're doing. That error means you're not using a backport.

@RetroGamer74 same error happened to me with Phoenix Wright trilogy (both base game patch and update patch) and Disney's classic collection.

the steps are the same i did for the games that worked: build the base game patch, build the patched update (if available), install the game and its patch and test, then install the patched update (if available).

so far it was working with many games (shenmue/divinity 2) but now it isn't working (the patches build with no error code or anything, but even after installing them i get the error). I have noticed that both were released originally late in 2019 on 6.72, which means their *** is high, so maybe that is the issue?

@unbreakable
The right procedure when you got a game update is.
  1. Install base game.
  2. In AutoBackPort set Base Game PKG, set Update PKG, set Destination Folder. Build Fuill backported update PKG.
  3. Install backported PKG.
When you don't have game update of the base game then, the procedure is
  1. In AutoBackPort, set Base Game, set Destination folder.
  2. Build backported fixed pkg for base game. (It's in fact a pkg that works as an update)
  3. Install dumped base game
  4. Install the new backported fixed update.
This is the right path.

Also be sure there is no A/V blocking the different tools ABP needs to call. Some ppl reports as false positive any tool in the bin folder. This tools are the FakePKG tools which is something very well known in the scene.

We're going to do a release removing all files not need it.

Cheers

@RetroGamer74
Hi mate
I downloaded and installed the base game of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled duplex and after I installed the fix 5.05 for game that i did with AutoBackPort 1.04 but it didnt work , but one I downloaded worked so I dont understand whats wrong with AutoBackPort 1.04.

Maybe is something wrong with version of AutoBackPort 1.04?

Thank you for your time.

@RetroGamer74 so i downloaded V1.05, put it and its needed folders on the desktop (they were originally in a sub menu of a folder in the "downloads" section), renamed the folders and the games and the updates to 1 letter each, and tried again. this time both games worked.

so, it seems like one of the variants between this try and the last one (version number/location/name of folders and PKGs) was the reason for last time not working and this time working. no idea which one it was, just wanted to report the results to you. :)

@miri2121 New guess for people with the CE-40740-5. As I said before if you receive this message the downgrade procedure didn't work. Maybe, A/V have removed or blocked two files that should be located in the bin folder of APB. downgrade_elf.exe and downgrade_sfo.exe. Check if those files exists.

If not exists then probably your A/V removed or quarantined them.

If they exists try to run them opening a CMD window. If you run downgrade_elf.exe for example you should see an answer like this:
Code:
usage: downgrade_elf.exe [-h] [--verbose] ...... and so on.
Let me know.

@unbreakable It would be very helpful if you could isolate the issue step by step. Instead to change many things at a time, just one by one. For example, could you put the app, in the same folders you installed before and try again. If that works, could you use the destination folder like before. And finally if everything works, renaming the PKG as the original name.

That will help us a lot, to fix the issue.

AutoBackPort 1.06
Issue CE-40740-5 fixed. (I hope) :)
This issue happened when decrypting files if destination folder contained blank spaces.
Let's see if this is the fix for some of you reporting this error.
Thanks everybody for the feedbacks.
They're really useful.

Hi @RetroGamer74 I'm using ABP 1.06 and it's happen:

Spoiler

Code:
Szczegółowe informacje na temat wywoływania debugowania w trybie JIT (just in time)
zamiast tego okna dialogowego znajdują się na końcu tego komunikatu.

************** Tekst wyjątku **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Nie można odnaleźć części ścieżki „C:\Users\colli\Desktop\AB\TMP_FIX\Sc0”.
   w System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   w System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   w System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   w System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   w AutoBackPort.Form1.UpdatePKGExtractNew()
   w AutoBackPort.Form1.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Zestawy załadowane **************
mscorlib
    Wersja zestawu: 4.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AutoBackPort
    Wersja zestawu: 1.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/colli/Desktop/AB/AutoBackPort.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Wersja zestawu: 10.0.0.0
    Wersja Win32: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Wersja Win32: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Wersja Win32: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Wersja Win32: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Wersja Win32: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Deployment.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pl_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pl_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Debugowanie w trybie JIT **************
Aby włączyć debugowanie w trybie just in time (JIT), plik .config tej
aplikacji lub komputera (machine.config) musi mieć
wartość jitDebugging ustawioną w sekcji system.windows.forms.
Aplikacja musi być również skompilowana z włączonym
debugowaniem.

Na przykład:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Gdy debugowanie JIT jest włączone, wszystkie nieobsługiwane wyjątki
są wysyłane do debugera JIT zarejestrowanego na komputerze
i nie są obsługiwane w tym oknie dialogowym.

I added to the ABP base game file and a update. The error you see in the attached scren and the error message code appeared.

Game backup: Tennis World Tour PS4 Playable

@RetroGamer74 I did the experiements one by one as you mentioned with v1.06 and Yooka Layle 2, and an interesting result happened: with the original setup only the game+base game fix worked. adding the fixed update led to the CE-40740 error again.

so I experimented a couple of times and the change that allowed me to make a working update was moving the autobp folder from the location it was in to the desktop. its original location was "C:\Users\username\Downloads\Ant Vids\PS3&4\autobp".

Maybe the long address+the long name of the update PKG somehow led to a problem? not sure, but at least now we know what triggers the issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back