Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter jwooh       Start date Apr 8, 2019 at 12:24 AM       32      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a small homebrew game I made for the PS4 using Game Maker. It's a Breakout-style game it took me about 2 months to make it as I worked on it when I had extra time.

I want to say thanks to my beta testers @Broka, @Sovikos, @DEFAULTDNB, @FFTHEWINNER and @koosknlo. They did a great job finding bugs and giving me suggestions on what to add.

I would also like to thank SilicaDevs‏ for the GayMaker Tool used to compile the game and thanks to all the other dev who have made it possible to play homebrew on our PlayStation 4's.

This is some of the stuff the game has:
  • 8 levels
  • Power-ups
  • 3 Different Modes
  • Game Saving
  • High Score saving
The game autosaves between levels in case you want to shut it off and come back later to play some more.

Controls are:
  • D-pad or left analogue stick: To move the paddle
  • Triangle: To fire the ball at the begin of the level
  • X button: To fire your blaster when you have it
  • Start button: To pause
  • Select button: To exit to the main menu
  • On the main menu use the D-pad to change modes and x to start the game.

For those of you not lucky enough to have a console that runs Homebrew here is also a windows version. for you to try out.

Controls are:
  • Left and Right arrow keys: To move the paddle
  • F: To fire the ball at the begin of the level
  • Spacebar: To fire your blaster when you have it
  • P: To pause
  • E: To exit to the main menu
  • On the main menu use the up and down arrow keys to change modes and enter to start the game.
It also works with a controller look at the ps4 controls to see buttons works with 360 controllers as well.

As far as I know, all the major bugs have been fixed but if run across one let me know I will see about fixing it. As far as adding more stuff it kinda depends on what it is and how hard it will be to add.

Would be cool to see your high scores have fun everyone. :)

Here is a short video of the gameplay.

Ball Blaster Homebrew PS4 Breakout-style Game PKG by Jwooh.jpg

Comments

AMAZING! and very much appreciated for all your time help and support Sir.

Big thanks to you and all your Beta testers in bringing us mere mortals this splendid home-brew game.

Best Regards,

@Noaman64: lol. Dude. The choice of music though. That's cracktro style music!

Even most of the Commodore 64 games could be complete waste of time, but if they had a jammin soundtrack it made it all the while having Ron Hubbard or Ben Daglish tunez playing. I miss that cracktro music. It was so funny on PS3 release of Last of Us DUPLEX have a scrolling bouncing text with all the Greetz. I miss that. And so do so many others.

All you gotta do is youtube Fitgirl Repack Music and MILLIONS of views on those videos of people appreciating what cracktro stands for. No joke... Youtube and read comments section. People embracing and coming together with joy.

Sure, different style.. But it's all good cuz this soundtrack made it worth my time to watch his gameplay video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back