Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS Vita CFW and Hacks       Thread starter AikenTho       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

AikenTho

Contributor
Verified
Hi! I'm sorry if not doing this correctly but: My older brother got me a second handed vita for xmas, and everything seemed fine and stuff until I tried to log in my psn account, it says I can't connect to playstation "servers" throught this device (temporary ban).

Idk what to do with it anymore. I want to legit play it cuz I work on getting trophies....

Anyway I can "lift" the ban? work around it anyway? If not maybe will hack it, I dont want a step paper...

Thank you in advance and Merry Xmas :)

A 'temporary' ban sounds promising, if it was me I'd probably contact Sony and simply explain you got the device used and want to be able to connect to PSN with it and hopefully you'll get a decent rep who will tell you what you need to do or how long the ban is for... if not, I'd call back and speak to someone else :D

Here are the Sony's support numbers, and Merry XMAS to you too! :santa:

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps3-ps4-unban-tool-need-help.434/page-4#post-5478

No if the device is permanently banned you cannot reverse it. If it's a temporary ban a PlayStation representative can tell you how long it will be before the ban is lifted.

I was using my Vita on a local network at my cottage (no internet) when I got a black screen with white lettering telling my in effect that there was "unauthorized" software which violated Sony's terms of service and my account would be banned (maybe temp) and an email would be sent out.

I had to power off the Vita to get rid of the screen. I turned off wifi, and checked my email logged onto my PSN account. I have no messages or notifications. Is my Vita waiting to "send a message" to PSN to ban me? Can I reset my Vita and "erase" the notice? Any idea if I can delete a file that is waiting to be sent?

As I described it was offline when I received the message, which was my first clue something was amiss. It was never banned. Looks like an April fools joke with the newest VitaShell 0.90. That was why there were NO emails because it wasn't Sony.

I reconnected to PSN and everything was fine. Even reactivated just to test it and it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back