Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the External USB Drive Multi-boot PS4 Linux Distros and the Arch Linux PS4 v2 Updates, @noob404 of PS4Linux.com let us know on Twitter that the PlayStation 4 retrogaming emulation OS Batocera PS4 v1 is now available alongside an installation tutorial from his PS4 Linux YouTube Channel for Jailbroken PS4 console owners in the PS4Scene. 🐧🕹️

Download: batocera_ps4linux_v1.tar.xz (1.94 GB - User: root / Password: linux) / Report Batocera PS4 v1 Issues

:note: Below the Batocera PS4 Installation video can be found, with complete instructions detailed on his blog page here:
Those interested in seeing more content from @noob404 can support his continued work directly on Noob404's Ko-fi Page! <3

Batocera for PS4 | Installation, ROM & BIOS transfer, SSH Terminal, DualShock 4 [Detailed Tutorial]

Here is Batocera for PS4! Yes, the great portable retro game emulation OS is now available for PS4, making your PS4 a retro gaming console or an arcade system.

In this video, I will explain how you could install Batocera on PS4 in detail including the drive partitioning and setup. We will also cover different methods to transfer games, BIOS, etc. to Batocera for PS4, connecting DualShock 4 via Bluetooth and accessing terminal on Batocera for PS4, among other things. Happy gaming!

Batocera PS4 v1 Retrogaming Emulation OS for PlayStation 4 via Noob404.png

Comments

Dear @rayner1989, Thanks for your answer. However I think I did not explained myself well.

There are MAME-ARCADE Roms that in order to run, need the romset and also they need a Hard Drive Disc Image of the game, otherwise known as CHD or IMG file.

Some of these games are KILLER INSTINCT 1 and 2, or any American Laser games like Mad Dog Macree. Since I have not tested this Batocera release in my PS4, I just ask to someone who may have atempted to run such games.

Note: I have tested Killer Instinct 1 at the PC version of batocera, but not yet at PS4 version. Currently I'm using Final Burn Neo to play ARCADE and NEO-GEO Roms on my Jailbroken PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back