Below is a BIN2JS Github repository by @cfwprophet alongside a compiled version from RetroGamer_74 with a roughly translated guide by @fabrebatalla18 for those interested.
Download: WEB Base 4.05.zip / WEB Base 4.55.zip (Confirmed working)
Previously we've seen both a Setting Up & Building Payload.bin and a Building PlayStation 4 Payloads tutorial for those who missed them.
- Fixed a bug on the bin conversion routine.
- Added a second format for the .js to write. Simple use any flag to trigger it. Added Vortex Payload Format.
- Added back conversion support for all 3 formats.And here's the tutorial from fabrebatalla18 on ElOtroLado, roughly translated: Convert Payload.bin to Payload.js to Create Web / USB Wifi Version TutorialCode:Flags: -1 = Foramt1 u32 -2 = Format2 p.write4addr.add(... -3 = Format3 payload = [.... -4 = js2bin
This tutorial serves both for 4.05 and 4.55 or any other future version by applying small changes that I will describe at any time. Thanks to RetroGamer_74 for compiling the .exe from the source code.
Steps to follow
- Windows operating system (tested on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit).
- Required files: bin2js.zip
- Download the necessary files: bin2js.zip and WEB Base that matches the version of the payload.bin that we want to convert.
- Unzip bin2js.zip and we will see three files: bin2js.exe, cygwin1.dll and bin2js.bat.
- Finally we drag the .bin file that we want to transform to bin2js.bat , in doing so we will generate a file called payload.js.
- If everything went well when opening the payload.js with some text editor we would have to see something like this:
- Finally, we unzipped the WEB Base and copied and overwritten the new payload.js for the one that originally had the downloaded Base WEB.
You can create a shortcut of the bin2js.bat in any folder and the function of dragging the .bin to the .bat will continue so that it can do the transformation.