Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter misthalu       Start date Jan 19, 2020 at 1:25 AM       4,566       13            
Following the second PS4 Blu-Play homebrew release The UFO Game! from LuBlu Entertainment, developer sleirsgoevy demonstrates that you can create Blu-ray Disc Java homebrew with C or C++ using Cybil MIPS transpiler. Simply convert your C / C++ code into BD-J. 🥏

Sounds too good to be true? I thought so too, but then he dishes up a working Blu-Play port of Doom, after just a couple of days.

Download: power-of-bdj-master.zip / Power of BD-J GIT / bdj-cibyl-master.zip / BD-J Cibyl GIT / bdj-doom-master.zip / doom.zip (Compiled) / BD-J DOOM GIT

I tested it on PS3, and found the framerate surprisingly good. It's currently still just an early preview of course, but it's definitely a good proof of concept.

Would be interesting if any homebrew devs could try porting some of their native homebrew to PS4 BD-J using this approach. Here are some related topics on PlayStationHaX for those interested:
Interested in Blu-Play?

Visit www.Blu-Play.com and join our new Discord server.

Blu-Play port of Doom in the works!
Doom I (1993) running on PS4 via Blu-Play
Blu-Play DOOM I Port by Sleirsgoevy, Homebrew Games with C  C++.jpg

Comments

misthalu

Developer
Contributor
A few emulators has already been ported/created for BD-J. Like a NES emulator and Gameboy emulator. Even an Apple II emulator has been made for BD-J. So I see no reason why you can't make any kind of emulator you want.

There is only the question of audio to figure out. Not sure how to do that yet. It's one thing to just play an audio file or stream. It's another to code an audio stream.

Recent Articles
ThemeDumperFTP: PS4 Retail Theme PKG Dumper via FTP by OfficialAhmed
Following his ProfileIt PS4 Tool release, the PS4 Theme Dumping Guide and countless PS4 Theme PKGs currently accessible PlayStation 4 developer OfficialAhmed made available ThemeDumperFTP which is...
PS4 Offline Account Activator GUI by Charlyzard (Barthen)
Earlier this month PlayStation 4 scene developer charlyzard released a PS4OfflineAccountActivator and now he's made available via Twitter a PS4 Offline Account Activator GUI for those like me who...
Biofeedback May Be Utilized in DualShock 5 to Modify User Experience
Since last month's rumors of a DS5 Built-in Microphone, according to a recently discovered Sony Interactive Entertainment patent the DualShock 5 (DS5) Controller may utilize biofeedback to modify...
Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection Joins New PS4 Games Next Week
Named one of PlayStation's Most-Wanted PS4 Games of early 2020, next week Capcom's Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection joins the latest PS4 game releases! 🤩 Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection...