Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter misthalu       Start date Jan 19, 2020 at 1:25 AM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the second PS4 Blu-Play homebrew release The UFO Game! from LuBlu Entertainment, developer sleirsgoevy demonstrates that you can create Blu-ray Disc Java homebrew with C or C++ using Cybil MIPS transpiler. Simply convert your C / C++ code into BD-J. šŸ„

Sounds too good to be true? I thought so too, but then he dishes up a working Blu-Play port of Doom, after just a couple of days.

Download: power-of-bdj-master.zip / Power of BD-J GIT / bdj-cibyl-master.zip / BD-J Cibyl GIT / bdj-doom-master.zip / doom.zip (Compiled) / BD-J DOOM GIT / Doom-BluPlay.iso via Blu-Play.com

I tested it on PS3, and found the framerate surprisingly good. It's currently still just an early preview of course, but it's definitely a good proof of concept.

Would be interesting if any homebrew devs could try porting some of their native homebrew to PS4 BD-J using this approach. Here are some related topics on PlayStationHaX for those interested:
To quote from sleirsgoevy on the latest update: I finally got myself onto it again, so I publish a new version. Changes from the previous version:
  • Background music is finally implemented via (sort of) MIDI player (The quality sucks though, and it eats almost 1MB of Java heap).
  • X key now sends both KEY_ENTER and KEY_RSHIFT, to allow running (sadly we're out of keys...)
  • Fixed the 1000x0 issue
(Side note on the key shortage: it may be possible, with some effort, to intercept the "Flick Left/Flick Right" events (+-15s on PS4, don't know if these can be easily triggered on other devices) and e.g. remap them to "prev/next weapon" to gain 2 more buttons.) The port can now handle OOM in MUSFile constructor.

Interested in Blu-Play?

Visit www.Blu-Play.com and join our new Discord server.

Blu-Play port of Doom in the works!
Doom I (1993) running on PS4 via Blu-Play

:arrow: Update: From Blu-play.com, to quote: Developer Disc Quest has made a version of the famous Flappybird game for Blu-Play.

Download: Blubird.iso (6.81 MB) / Mirror / Blubird.7z (13.2 MB - Source Code)

Compatibility
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation 4
  • PlayStation 5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X
  • PowerDVD
  • VLC
Gameplay.mp4

Visit project page

Spoiler
Blu-Play DOOM I Port by Sleirsgoevy, Homebrew Games with C  C++.jpg

Comments

A few emulators has already been ported/created for BD-J. Like a NES emulator and Gameboy emulator. Even an Apple II emulator has been made for BD-J. So I see no reason why you can't make any kind of emulator you want.

There is only the question of audio to figure out. Not sure how to do that yet. It's one thing to just play an audio file or stream. It's another to code an audio stream.

@misthalu
Do you think there is possible to make or port for example gamecube or wii emulator to ps4 via bd-j?

Oh man... This is freaking great...

For me this is more exciting than hen or other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back