previous PS3 Custom Firmware releases and recent PS3 4.84 OFW update, PlayStation 3 developer @BobbyDowngrades made available his PS3 4.84 Overflow CFW Collection featuring Overflow 4.84 v1 Standard CEX, Overflow 4.84 v2 Dualboot, Overflow 4.84 v3 NoBD Standard CEX, Overflow 4.84 v4 No Bluetooth Standard CEX, Overflow 4.84 v5 Cobra CEX, Overflow 4.84 v6 NoBD Cobra CEX and Overflow 4.84 v7 No Bluetooth Cobra CEX PS3 CFW variants with details below.
Download: Overflow_4.84_v1_standardCEX.rar (193 MB) / Overflow_4.84_v2_dualboot.rar (196 MB) / Overflow_4.84_v3_noBD_standardCEX.rar (193 MB) / Overflow_4.84_v4_noBT_standardCEX.rar (193 MB) / Overflow_4.84_v5_cobraCEX.rar (193 MB) / Overflow_4.84_v6_noBD_cobraCEX.rar (193 MB) / Overflow_4.84_v7_noBT_cobraCEX.rar (193 MB)
If you haven't seen them yet, he also offers console downgrade and repair services through PS3UPDAT.com and a YouTube Channel with many related PlayStation 3 help videos.
PUP MD5's (MD5 Check Utility v2.31):
Here's a webMAN_MOD_1.47.09_Updater.pkg that supports PS4 4.84 CFW, and from Bobby_Downgrades on the PS3 4.84 OVERFLOW CFW Collection notes:
- Overflow 4.84 v1 Standard CEX: d793bb1e633910b2ae451c665043645a
- Overflow 4.84 v2 Dualboot: 6786944ab3f5ce0d746589ed46e81384
- Overflow 4.84 v3 NoBD Standard CEX: a1ca9820de9c594a89c5beca9c741aa3
- Overflow 4.84 v4 NoBT Standard CEX: 25f3537675a6b2fc89bd54f59d42a0d2
- Overflow 4.84 v5 Cobra CEX: f9a83e4a102937648c10aecb83b509de
- Overflow 4.84 v6 NoBD Cobra CEX: 13b6314b805b9d72fc526ba1e6a286b7
- Overflow 4.84 v7 NoBT Cobra CEX: 05db351e058f76c9c49a888ae3394be8
Here are the links for the read me files for each version. Each read me is also included inside each download:
Lastly, some notes:
- 4.84_overflow_v1_standardCEX_READ ME.txt
- 4.84_overflow_v3_standardCEX_noBD_READ ME.txt
- 4.84_overflow_v4_standardCEX_noBT_READ ME.txt
- 4.84_overflow_v5_cobraCEX_READ ME.txt
- 4.84_overflow_v6_cobraCEX_noBD_READ ME.txt
- Overflow v7 Cobra_NoBluetooth_4.84_READ ME.txt
Please always read the READ ME.txt files inside download. I have not included Webman inside the CFW as too many people complained.
- Standard = a normal version of CFW
- Cobra = a CFW that runs the Cobra payload
- No BD = can be installed onto a PS3 with no Blu-ray drive and still functions as normal (minus discs)
- No BT = can be installed onto a PS3 with broken Bluetooth/Wifi module (bypasses install of Bluetooth FW)
I have tested all CFW versions and am certain there will be no problems but as always with CFW you install at your own risk.
When I have more time I will update toolbox and spoofers for overflow CFW and I have a couple of new things planned, will get to that when I can find the time, as always thank you to the people who support the overflow brand.
If you just want to spoof your FW version have a look out for ZoFmodz, he has been releasing spoofers since 4.55 and has consistently been the first person to release. He stopped releasing a few fw versions ago due to people taking his work but I have persuaded him to release again. So if you don't want to update CFW and just want to spoof check him out.
Finally, below is another PS3 4.84 Dualboot Firmware from littlebalup with details as follows to quote:
Download: DB_4.84_littlebalup.zip (196.37 MB)
More stealth than it, its an OFW
- Made out from OFW 4.84.
- Patched isoldr and spu_pkg_rvk_verifier to disable ecdsa protections allowing to install CFW 4.84 and above over it.
- Core OS patched files have the exact same size than the OFW.
- Core OS file table is exactly the same than the OFW.
- PUP size is exactly the same than the OFW.
Tested on both NAND (CECHC04) and NOR (CECH-2004B).