Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM       89      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly after Sony's PlayStation Bug Bounty Program announcement that had many concerned their PlayStation 4 would become a PAYStation 4, PS4 scene hacker theflow0 reassured those holding out on updating their Firmware since his previous note that he's still going to disclose something in a few weeks/months with no specific ETA given. ⏳

:idea: Perhaps he's waiting for $ony to give him permission to disclose it publicly (to comply with their terms) if it was the bug he submitted a few months ago in their program, or if not then maybe he wants to wait for the PS5's Holiday 2020 Launch... unfortunately a lack of transparency leaves the delay open to speculation only. o_O

In any case, it's great to see the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program program isn't dissuading all PS4 hackers from continuing to contribute to the scene even after getting paid... hopefully other developers will also follow making it a win for the entire community! đź’ž

In the Tweets below, theflow0 also confirmed a new webkit exploit chain for PS Vita called HENlo is incoming and can be used to jailbreak the device for those who still own a PlayStation Vita handheld console.

PS4 scene, you're starting such a drama over nothing. I was actually planning to disclose something in a few weeks/months (which I will still do...) and after that, I'd like to announce my retirement, even if I was never part of that toxic and entitled "scene."
The only scene I am part of is the Vita Scene, and I am really proud seeing a lot of people getting into programming and even security thanks to this little toy :)
and while I'm here, I'd like to announce a new webkit exploit chain for the PS Vita called "HENlo" which allows you to conveniently jailbreak your device. I'm looking for some funny doggo memes/logo submissions.
Bye PAYStation 4 PS4 Hacker TheFloW Vows PlayStation 4 Disclosure.jpg

Comments

just imagine there was a way for every person waiting for new version HEN/CFW to chip in 1-5 bucks and donate to the one releasing a vulnerability, that would totally trump laughable amount of 50k that Sony offers. to think about it - what they are doing is paying off people for pennies compared to amount THEY THINK they would be losing if vulnerabilities get exploited.

I myself think they lose next to nothing when new HEN/CFW comes, at least for me - I come from a poor country with small salaries (or Im just dumb, call it what you will), sure I could afford couple (1-2) of games each year if I sacrifice on clothing or something else, but for me buying a console to play couple of games is not the smartest of ideas.

Omg those devs become such big babys. The thing is one of the dev started attacking people am not gonna mention his or she name and after that the community respond to this dev and after that they all start crying.

Am not believing that I will say that but fck the flow and every damn traitor in the community. I just realized the whole thing was set up from the devs they already have the exploits, but they don't want to share it with the community.

And I don't have problem with after all it's their hard work but what I can't accept that they're using the community for their own benefits. They can't be on both sides they got choice and I preferred if they chose Sony because we don't like gold digger.

Sony will use some of these hackers who use the public to get Sony's attention, and at the end of the story, the hacker loses as it destroys the public's trust in them.

The design of the ps4 scene may be a way that Sony used with one of these hackers to collect information from others. ideas how to think about developing the farm.

In the near future we will receive new kex, don't lose hope. We still have many trustworthy dev, who think for millions of people, there is still humanity in this world. sorry bad eng.

The Flow had exploited the ps4 and the community though , almost of people in poor countries haven't the chance to afford games this is the only thing who makes people looking for backups , i barely bought a ps4 after 4 years when i heard that exploit was released. I dont like backups but like playing like every human being , dont lose hope just wait for next gen hackers to debloque the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back