Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM       89      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly after Sony's PlayStation Bug Bounty Program announcement that had many concerned their PlayStation 4 would become a PAYStation 4, PS4 scene hacker theflow0 reassured those holding out on updating their Firmware since his previous note that he's still going to disclose something in a few weeks/months with no specific ETA given. ⏳

:idea: Perhaps he's waiting for $ony to give him permission to disclose it publicly (to comply with their terms) if it was the bug he submitted a few months ago in their program, or if not then maybe he wants to wait for the PS5's Holiday 2020 Launch... unfortunately a lack of transparency leaves the delay open to speculation only. o_O

In any case, it's great to see the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program program isn't dissuading all PS4 hackers from continuing to contribute to the scene even after getting paid... hopefully other developers will also follow making it a win for the entire community! đź’ž

In the Tweets below, theflow0 also confirmed a new webkit exploit chain for PS Vita called HENlo is incoming and can be used to jailbreak the device for those who still own a PlayStation Vita handheld console.

PS4 scene, you're starting such a drama over nothing. I was actually planning to disclose something in a few weeks/months (which I will still do...) and after that, I'd like to announce my retirement, even if I was never part of that toxic and entitled "scene."
The only scene I am part of is the Vita Scene, and I am really proud seeing a lot of people getting into programming and even security thanks to this little toy :)
and while I'm here, I'd like to announce a new webkit exploit chain for the PS Vita called "HENlo" which allows you to conveniently jailbreak your device. I'm looking for some funny doggo memes/logo submissions.
Bye PAYStation 4 PS4 Hacker TheFloW Vows PlayStation 4 Disclosure.jpg

Comments

I was never into psp but I think theflow seems like a very nice guy but by him calling the ps4 scene toxic, I don't think he understands it's been years now of only twitter posts from people saying they have something and then there is nothing delivered to the public.

If you have something, great keep it to yourself and other people who you would like or even better get rewarded by sony for your work. But the childish teasing with twitter posts online is a joke. He fell right into the category of all the other twitter people by asking for a donation of a 6.20 ps4 and a few days later says he found vulnerabilities and hasn't said anything in months.

If he has something that would help him financially why would you blame him. Maybe there's a fear of getting sued by sony but I think there would be and always was a willingness to give donations to people for their work by the community.

The people should not force someone to do something for them , they are developers respect them and they will respect our patience. :)

For me, they are free to decide what they want for Sony, who should work or for the public, whoever works the most, remember that this will end soon, someone will also want to join them and, for that, it is logical who will have to disclose.

the audience in which the scene works for sony will also corrupt the alleged hacker, so things repeat themselves moments after moments so don't get lost.

in my view, there will be other hackers willing to create ps4 exploitation to join the others that have been purchased and, therefore, will do the same, publicly disclosing, Sony will make the proposal for them to stop exploring, and so it will be accordingly. Stay calm.

People getting pissd off devs, who are working for free because the want to, so people get to play games for free, games from devs that worked hard as well, buy your games or become a developer. Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back