Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM       89      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly after Sony's PlayStation Bug Bounty Program announcement that had many concerned their PlayStation 4 would become a PAYStation 4, PS4 scene hacker theflow0 reassured those holding out on updating their Firmware since his previous note that he's still going to disclose something in a few weeks/months with no specific ETA given. ⏳

:idea: Perhaps he's waiting for $ony to give him permission to disclose it publicly (to comply with their terms) if it was the bug he submitted a few months ago in their program, or if not then maybe he wants to wait for the PS5's Holiday 2020 Launch... unfortunately a lack of transparency leaves the delay open to speculation only. o_O

In any case, it's great to see the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program program isn't dissuading all PS4 hackers from continuing to contribute to the scene even after getting paid... hopefully other developers will also follow making it a win for the entire community! đź’ž

In the Tweets below, theflow0 also confirmed a new webkit exploit chain for PS Vita called HENlo is incoming and can be used to jailbreak the device for those who still own a PlayStation Vita handheld console.

PS4 scene, you're starting such a drama over nothing. I was actually planning to disclose something in a few weeks/months (which I will still do...) and after that, I'd like to announce my retirement, even if I was never part of that toxic and entitled "scene."
The only scene I am part of is the Vita Scene, and I am really proud seeing a lot of people getting into programming and even security thanks to this little toy :)
and while I'm here, I'd like to announce a new webkit exploit chain for the PS Vita called "HENlo" which allows you to conveniently jailbreak your device. I'm looking for some funny doggo memes/logo submissions.
Bye PAYStation 4 PS4 Hacker TheFloW Vows PlayStation 4 Disclosure.jpg

Comments

I think it is not necessary for people to be like this, but some developers were very disappointed, they put everyone in hope and today comes with other ideas?

The ps4 scene will never exist, there are other anonymous hackers who may not know who will also want the same, working for Sony are the ones who will go to war with current hackers or developers bought by sony.

Am in a 3rd world country, I work hard save for months and buy a game, I enjoy it more than hacked with hundreds of games. It's great that devs are getting paid for their work and getting recognized by Sony.

if you are still hoping for the hack and exploit it's probably can't be removed since that will remove the basic system itself, look at how fast save wizard update :)

i would love to pay 100 dollars for a dongle or a web hack service imagine the amount of money he can get at least 500,000 $. i welcome the idea.

Calling the scene toxic, while every dev's said you should be patient. Well 2 years patience, isn't enough for the dev's???

And honestly speaking, right now I am happy I have ps4 with 5.05, enjoy some game I have. So if they release something or not, I gonna buy a ps5.

Before this long rant let me state a couple things:

A) I have zero issue with devs being paid for their work.
B) I also don't use exploits primarily for free gaming. In fact, I barely game anymore in any sense. I don't give half a crap about backups.

That said, there is a moronic disconnect in many scenes lately (none more than PS4) where devs pretend there is some fantasyland where it doesn't exist. They rail against backups and call end-users leaches and lazy bums as if homebrew and backups aren't literally connected at the hip. As if one doesn't always begat the other. It's a special kind of BS virtue signaling.

I'm not even going to make the case for backups here despite multiple investigations showing that low-level amounts help overall profits (in gaming specifically) for both hardware and software makers. It adds an audience to your work that was never going to be there otherwise, helping future sales. But I won't fight that battle here and now.

My point is that exploitation and homebrew on gaming devices are absolutely interlinked with backups. To fight that is to cry about not being able to eat an orange because there is juice in them and YOU HATE JUICE! If only you could enjoy an orange like a hard working orange peeler but that damned juice and those awdul juice lovers ruin it! How dare they!

It makes zero sense, lol. They are intertwined. Devs also act shocked that a large amount of people want to use their device for what it's made for?! A PS4 to game?! LOLWUT? Like, duh. Yes. Of course.

I LOVE homebrew of all kinds but many people don't get a lot of excitement from being able to load Linux or do their fn taxes on their PS4. Many want games. Shocking, I know! They want to use their game console to play games and If you create a way to run unsigned code there will ALWAYS be devs that use the exploit to make that happen. Get over it. The more the devs cry about it the worse they make the drama they supposedly hate. That's the sad truth!

These supposed haters of drama are all fn drama queens. All of them. The smallest inferred slight will cause them to lash out and retire and swear to never do their unforced, self-professed love ever again... all because of a mean tweet from StickyBudz69420! LOL. I mean, really! It's ridiculous.

So make your money! Sell vulnerabilities to Sony or a Bulgarian drug dealer or whoever you want! It's your work! Just stop acting like the work you admittedly do for fun/passion is void or sacrilege should someone want to use it to... gasp... play games for free. Also remember that those people make up about 0.1% of all PS4 users. Less even. A tiny fraction.

Most PS4 users have no idea what a kexploit is and don't fn care even when it's easy. Even when it's as simple as it is now EVERY friend/relative I have could care less to even try to want it. They do not care at all. Even when PS3 was just a USB they couldn't be bothered. That's MOST people/users so get over yourselves. You're not splitting the atom. You're writing code that at worst will allow a few broke kids to play a game that costs $10 on PSN.

At worst! At best you make stuff that dorks like me enjoy because we like to see our devices do things they weren't meant to do... and we appreciate it! We do! Stop focusing on StickyBudz tweets or who wants games or apps or whatever and just do your passion. Be happy about it, ffs! Not a single dev comes across as a happy person, lol. Enjoy it or stop and do something that makes you happy!

As you ALWAYS remind us: You don't have to do this! Stop if you want or sell or don't. Just stop the BS drama over other devs or backups or whatever.

End rant.

I've been analyzing the ps4 scene, there is a lot of drama, the developers use the public, create false expectations that are developing exploration for future updates of the PS4 scene to gain audience and attention by Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back