Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM       89      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly after Sony's PlayStation Bug Bounty Program announcement that had many concerned their PlayStation 4 would become a PAYStation 4, PS4 scene hacker theflow0 reassured those holding out on updating their Firmware since his previous note that he's still going to disclose something in a few weeks/months with no specific ETA given. ⏳

:idea: Perhaps he's waiting for $ony to give him permission to disclose it publicly (to comply with their terms) if it was the bug he submitted a few months ago in their program, or if not then maybe he wants to wait for the PS5's Holiday 2020 Launch... unfortunately a lack of transparency leaves the delay open to speculation only. o_O

In any case, it's great to see the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program program isn't dissuading all PS4 hackers from continuing to contribute to the scene even after getting paid... hopefully other developers will also follow making it a win for the entire community! đź’ž

In the Tweets below, theflow0 also confirmed a new webkit exploit chain for PS Vita called HENlo is incoming and can be used to jailbreak the device for those who still own a PlayStation Vita handheld console.

PS4 scene, you're starting such a drama over nothing. I was actually planning to disclose something in a few weeks/months (which I will still do...) and after that, I'd like to announce my retirement, even if I was never part of that toxic and entitled "scene."
The only scene I am part of is the Vita Scene, and I am really proud seeing a lot of people getting into programming and even security thanks to this little toy :)
and while I'm here, I'd like to announce a new webkit exploit chain for the PS Vita called "HENlo" which allows you to conveniently jailbreak your device. I'm looking for some funny doggo memes/logo submissions.
Bye PAYStation 4 PS4 Hacker TheFloW Vows PlayStation 4 Disclosure.jpg

Comments

In fact sony pushing hackers for find new hacks for boost their PS4 sales before PS5 release

with the word disclosure being used, i guess that means no exploit will be release but some research to achieve it will be... so nothing is gonna come of this anytime this year

My friend in the face of this situation, there will be someone who will not go through this process. Believe me, the PS5 will not have full protection, much less the PS4, as some developers start, others will appear to end the party, game backups cannot end, it is part of the scene and the scene is part of the world is something spontaneous.

Well im saying it again. The finance of this bounty program must come from somewhere. Just like DRM in pc games. DRM is like 30% of the games price maybe (50%) So the prices of the games will also increase. That is for sure.

None of the DEV owe us anything. They are security researchers. That is their jobs. Thy also have to make a living. We must be grateful they share there knowledge.

I am saying THANK YOU To all the developers out there you know who you are.

really guys , so $ony with an $ ...is so hypocritical ...they can do a full secure system , but they do not want to , because this will affect the ps sales... how it works?? ...launch a system , big sales ....people get bored about ps ...what ever model... allow a jb ..again it will be a big sale ...to take the money from those that will never buy a game... and clear out the ps old revison.

in this days my main game rig is ...pc ..and smartphone ....ps4 was a bit disappointing , only a few good games and exclusive to ps4... and remastered all the way !!!

people laughed at me when i said in a forum that hackers or developers behaviour had changed for ever , they did what they did to oblige Sony to considering them as part of security and saling process.

Sony OWN them now ; Consequently Sony control the power of hacking as a sale booster and Sony will use it at the perfect moment when a set of games entering a state of abandonware (4 years after release date), in other word Sony will permitting the hack of ps4 when it want to , the situation now is under control until some one will want other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back