Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM       89      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortly after Sony's PlayStation Bug Bounty Program announcement that had many concerned their PlayStation 4 would become a PAYStation 4, PS4 scene hacker theflow0 reassured those holding out on updating their Firmware since his previous note that he's still going to disclose something in a few weeks/months with no specific ETA given. ⏳

:idea: Perhaps he's waiting for $ony to give him permission to disclose it publicly (to comply with their terms) if it was the bug he submitted a few months ago in their program, or if not then maybe he wants to wait for the PS5's Holiday 2020 Launch... unfortunately a lack of transparency leaves the delay open to speculation only. o_O

In any case, it's great to see the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program program isn't dissuading all PS4 hackers from continuing to contribute to the scene even after getting paid... hopefully other developers will also follow making it a win for the entire community! đź’ž

In the Tweets below, theflow0 also confirmed a new webkit exploit chain for PS Vita called HENlo is incoming and can be used to jailbreak the device for those who still own a PlayStation Vita handheld console.

PS4 scene, you're starting such a drama over nothing. I was actually planning to disclose something in a few weeks/months (which I will still do...) and after that, I'd like to announce my retirement, even if I was never part of that toxic and entitled "scene."
The only scene I am part of is the Vita Scene, and I am really proud seeing a lot of people getting into programming and even security thanks to this little toy :)
and while I'm here, I'd like to announce a new webkit exploit chain for the PS Vita called "HENlo" which allows you to conveniently jailbreak your device. I'm looking for some funny doggo memes/logo submissions.
Bye PAYStation 4 PS4 Hacker TheFloW Vows PlayStation 4 Disclosure.jpg

Comments

My friend, I understand you! But remember, some actions have consequences, today Sony may want its services tomorrow. Sony can turn its back on you, if I had his skills, I think I'd rather make history, this is an eternity of life!

And as much as one day rest, it will still be connected in our memories, since Sony is like him making a pact with the devil.

I think Sony are protecting the PS5, as there is a possibiliy that current PS4 exploits may also work on the PS5. So they want to patch them now.

I was in Twitter when the whole thing began. The traitor devs started to pick fight against our community and as they are supposed to do the community reply harder than that lame dev the flow said I don't want to be in any more. Of course you don't want to especially after getting paid.

The devs aren't angry just making excuses for them self, and I am really glad that those devs get out of the scene they are toxic, and they don't share useful information.

I remember when I have spare time I go to one of these F dev and I wanted some info so I can start small projects of mine and he didn't even bother to respond to me and act like he some kind of hot shot or something.

So yeah I can see why there is no exploit till now, if everyone just keeping everything for them self, so they can run to Sony and have lil bit cash.

But it's better that way we don't need him, or any one them let them go and F them self.

@joe2025 if we go back to history the main issue of compatibility with old games is the system software especially for the ps3, so since then Sony started to change the whole system, they said it's because providing the best technology blah blah blah

And I said it's because the ps3 devs who exploit the whole system and got root privilege.. So return to your question, yeah is it possible to find similar varnublity on ps5 but not likely.

And after our great devs run out to Sony in something I can call the rat marathon I think all our card are exposed, and we can't but just hope to be blessed again with ps3 devs come back to the scene. Rip ps4 scene

Finally, after more than two years, a full jailbreak will be released to public. Cheers for theflow0. :love::)(y) Patience pays off after all.

Too bad, though, that he is going to leave the ps4 scene.

I remember one traitor in the switch/3ds scene called Pokeacer that slimeball would steal exploits that he DIDN'T EVEN FIND though it was shared to him before the public and he sold them to nintendo's bounty program you can imagine he's blacklisted by any true dev (and those associated with him were blacklisted too to prevent MITM stealing) and he got permabanned too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back