Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter ziko123       19      
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziko123

Contributor
hi to all.
i want to update 4.81 ps3 without disc drive to 4.82 ofw
i followed this tutorial to modify the 4.82 update.pup

Spoiler

but i get this message "No applicable update data was found"

i think it was for 1 of 2 the tutorial dedicated to CFW's that i don't have the ps3 keys because where i found the tutorial they mentioned a folder with ps3 keys

is there a solution for my problem?

If you're trying to go from PS3 4.81 OFW to the latest 4.82 OFW you should be able to do it from USB following this format.

If it gets stuck in an update loop due to the Blu-ray drive, here is a guide on fixing it from Zombie with a similar guide from Stack0verfl0w and more Blu-ray drive details on the Wiki.

:arrow: Also for those interested from notzecoxao: DECH3000 bluray drive dump, flash dump and a little 'extra' (eid0 decrypted dump). I'm releasing this because this console got stuck in factory service mode. Browser cannot be accessed so it's as good as a brick.

The fun thing about the eid0 decrypted dump is the ability to go to debug oficial firmware without ugly patches, something that was thought impossible back when 4.30 DEX was released.

Download: DECH3000.zip (12.36 MB)

thanks for responding

but the problem that it's stuck in an update loop because i don't have the blu-ray drive i need to bypass the drive verification on 4.82 OfW

the link you provided is for a ps3 lower then 3.55 and mine is 4.81

It appears the tutorial you linked is from Warren on PSX-Scene, who is also on Twitter under tripurstar and a lot of the info from NGU seems to have came from this detailed post by Acergy.

We don't have much on PS3 BDB Firmware here, but from skimming the above posts it looks like you can make your own using Sony's OFW Firmware if you have the correct Blu-ray Drive Keys... which is sounds like you already know. :tup:

PS3 Keys are posted in the Wiki and also included in PS3MFW Builder, but it appears they are only up to 4.80 in it according to the developer Endless who hasn't added 4.81+ yet due to a lack of freetime.

Based on everything I've read, with the proper keys and a solid understanding of the guide you linked it should be possible to do what you're seeking assuming you're up to the challenge. :geek:

If it was me (short of getting another PS3 to save all the headaches) I'd probably try contacting the guy on Twitter to see if he can assist with a 4.82 BDB Firmware as this is beyond what most end-users (myself included) have experience in unfortunately.

Should anyone else here have BDB knowledge who can lend a hand feel free to jump in any time and help us out! <3

everything is focused on which model of ps3 it uses, in ps3 fat if it is necessary the reader with its controller board to execute the update, if it is slim the bd reader is not necessary, since in the slim this controller is in the plate of the ps3 and not in the reader bd.

citing sandungas:

In the old models of the PS3 that "reader controller" (which is a chip) was on the circuit board inside the reader ... therefore in these models if you remove the entire reader the console can not run games

When you remove the reader you are also removing the circuit board inside the reader and also the controller that is soldered on that board (the magic chip), the console detects that the chip does not exist and does not allow to run any program or game, and the installations of firmware are not completed and fail (for this last No-BD firmware was invented that skipped that check)

But in slim models that "controller of the reader" is soldered to the motherboard, so it is impossible to remove it (even if you remove the entire reader, everything would still work fine), and you could install a normal cfw and run programs and games normally

everything is focused on which model of ps3 it uses, in ps3 fat if it is necessary the reader with its controller board to execute the update, if it is slim the bd reader is not necessary, since in the slim this controller is in the plate of the ps3 and not in the reader bd.
did you ever install a cfw on any slim w/o a bd drive ??? You should know some things...

To install PS3 CFW (or MFW) as outlined in the FAQ the MinVerChk has to be 3.55 or below which is correct, however, it also depends on what you're trying to do with the console.

If you're trying to go from 4.81 OFW to 4.82 OFW on a PS3 with a non-functional BD drive without running CFW/MFW then the BDB Firmware allows you to do that because it's only a modified update installer not a full CFW/MFW.

That's why it works for those with dead drives who just want to update their official PS3 Firmware... the issue in your case being nobody (that I've seen) has made a BDB Firmware for recent versions such as 4.81, 4.82, etc.

This is why if I was in your situation I'd hop on Twitter and DM the guy tripurstar who did a lot of the BDB research to find out why, or ask if a new one can be made perhaps... unless someone else who happens to read this knows more about BDB Firmware and can answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back