Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Sashka       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashka

Contributor
Verified
Hi there,
Today I was bored so I tried something new (to me).

Is it possible to create a BD disc containing an fpkg to install it like a genuine disc while goldhen running?

I tried it with a known working dump from a game. I extracted all the files with their correct structure in the cusaxxxxx folder, created gp4 file and started orbis pub gen. There I loaded the gp4, selected in project setting / package the storage type "digital and bd max 25gb".

Then I switched to build image and selected "build iso image file" while I ticked none of the "general options" like sparse or compression.

After the building process I got an iso containing the right structure and folders (app, bd, license, Ps4) and all of them contained the right files (app.pkg, param.sfo, rif, Ps4update.pup). I wondered how the orbis pub gen created Ps4update.pup by the way.

Nonetheless the iso was burned with Nero, the second try was burning the iso directly with orbis pub gen but both attempts failed. The Ps4 claims "not supported disc".

Anyone who tried this also and succeeded?

I know it's uncommon and uncomfortable to burn a fpkg when we have debug setting and usb sticks or tools like ps4sender but I wanted to give this a chance.

It's for the nostalgia like in old days when we throw up a burned disc in the console and it launched them right away.

Solution
In Short, even if you could, it wouldn't work, why you may ask?:
well, FPKG's are not able to be used by a retail system, along side the ELF's inside the FPKG are not the same as they are in Retail PKG's (normally they are encrypted and NOT stripped) and much more.

how could something like this be done and usable? :
IF you could create retail packages, retail licenses, retail everything, it would be possible, but we lack the tools to do so (only Sony can do this sort of stuff) making it impossible.
In Short, even if you could, it wouldn't work, why you may ask?:
well, FPKG's are not able to be used by a retail system, along side the ELF's inside the FPKG are not the same as they are in Retail PKG's (normally they are encrypted and NOT stripped) and much more.

how could something like this be done and usable? :
IF you could create retail packages, retail licenses, retail everything, it would be possible, but we lack the tools to do so (only Sony can do this sort of stuff) making it impossible.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back