Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM       71      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the last KDW CFW2OFW v1.2 update, PlayStation 3 developer friendlyanon (aka helloiamsomeone and known as @Kusu here) recently made available CFW2OFW Helper v1 including source code for those Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW with an ongoing PS3 CFW2OFW Compatibility thread by @nikitaluger alongside the List of Working PS3 CFW Games on OFW by @albatawy and details below. (y)

Download: CFW2OFW Helper (Latest Release) / GIT

To quote from helloiamsomeone on Reddit: CFW2OFW Helper Release

I created a very simple tool to save users the headaches that converting games for CFW2OFW data utility transfer exploit might cause.. well at least it did for me.

This is the very first thing I ever created with C#, so feedback is welcome. I'd like more people to test this, because I am not able to test the result of this program currently. If you have simple suggestions, then post them here, technical issues should go on GitHub and reports about a conversion being incompatible go in here if possible.

From the README.md file: CFW2OFW-Helper

Providing aid in converting video games.

Requirements
Usage

See the help screen of the program.

Todo
  • Remake/Combine PKG handling code
  • Add more options as arguments (feedback is welcome)
  • and some more?
License

WTFPL
CFW2OFW Helper for Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW by FriendlyAnon.png

Comments

I've been very busy for the past month so I haven't been taking another crack on games in my collection that don't work. But I'm curious if this release can fix the save issue with Resident Evil 6 and Revelations 2... since AFAIK only game_converter v.7 can do it. Has anyone tried?

Thank you for this BTW I would definitely use this first if I start converting again.

But I'm curious if this release can fix the save issue with Resident Evil 6 and Revelations 2... since AFAIK only game_converter v.7 can do it. Has anyone tried?
Really ? I finished Resident Evil 6 and Revelations 2 with rebug the latest version and don't have save issues problem at all.

# This Content ID is only for sample. Please modify to what you owned.
Content_ID = EP0002-NPEB90250_00-BLURGAMEDEMO0001

# This k_licensee is only for sample. Please modify to what you want.
# Please use a unique value for each title except if you have special reason.
# ( unique values for each packages are especially recommended. )
K_licensee = 0xc0a3b3641c2ad1ef23153a48a3e12fe7

# Please select DRM type.
# Local: the package will be distributed with charge.
# Free : the package will be distributed without charge.
DRMType = Free

# Please select content type.
# GameData: the package will appear in the Game Data Utility.
# GameExec: the package will appear in the Game Column and is executable.
ContentType = GameExec

# Please set a master package version for submission.
PackageVersion = 01.00

make sure you understand these as it will save you alot of trouble. i use my own tools for this stuff as its alot easier to use a custom bat file to enter what i neeed to do rather then use single tool at command to command
cheers at dev

I will post changelogs and updates from friendlyanon in this ongoing thread, here's the first of them:

CFW2OFW Helper v2
  • The program will check for updates by itself on daily basis when executed (generates .lastcheck)
  • Display the size of the updates
  • Add notification that downloading might take a while
  • Output directory has spaces replaced with underscores for compatibility with TABR out of the box
Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back