Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge on Discord to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs.
Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 27, 2020 at 1:09 AM       5,971       13            
Following the FRMCHK Web Database to identify PS4 games in Firmware groups and his previous ThemeDumperFTP release, today PlayStation 4 developer OfficialAhmed made available on Twitter an application called CGFw (aka Check Game Firmware) that will check the required PS4 firmware version for games and return the results in a Windows command prompt. 😀

Currently CGFw v1.01 is considered a work-in-progress (WIP) by the developer, with a PayPal link available for those who'd like to support his continued work on the project. <3

Download: CGFw v1.01.zip (10.4 MB) / CGFw.py / GIT

From the README.md: Check Game Firmware (CGFw)

Ever wondered which system version a PS4 game requires? well this project is helpful for you.

Download link

v1.01 (10.4mb)
CGFw v1.01.zip (10.4 MB)

Details

This project compares the game release date from online sources and the official firmware release date and determine if a game is playable on that fw or not. This is not 100% accurate but it's pretty decent as this is still WIP.

v1.01 This is the first release still few issues here 'n there, if you got any problems feel free to submit them OfficialAhmed0. I will be improving this project (This is not the final version).

Tutorial
  • Download ZIP file from the provided link and extract the file
  • Edit (fw release date.ini) only if possible
As of September, 26th 2020 the lastest System version available is 7.55 which is the first line on (fw release date.ini) if any firmware came out you need to add it on top of the 7.55 line.
  • Run exe and choose the required firmware
  • type the Game Title
Cheers to @jwooh for the heads-up on this handy application for PS4 users! 🍻
CGFw Check Game Firmware App for Required PS4 Version by OfficialAhmed.jpg

Comments

dondolo

Contributor
Verified
Chrome is not allowing me to download the file due a security issue. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? any way to fix the download problem?

ps4bnb

Contributor
Verified
@dondolo i just downloaded the app and tested it on VT and i additionally tested it with my Kaspersky (just in case) and there was nothing bad.

On the site you see that 11 mostly less reliable AVs showed it as positive. Here is the most recent AV test as well to see how are reliable some AVs.

i personally don't currently need the app so i won't use it, but it's up to you to make you mind up what to do.

Also, it's a pretty new file and some AVs most likely don't have it in their database what is it in real, just guess what it might be based on its behaviour that may cause false-positive results.

It doesn't mean the best AV's cannot make a mistake. Far from it. i completely believe just in the One above us.

@dondolo here is a picture of the test result (right mouse click on the pic and select Open in new tab to enlarge):

Spoiler

DEFAULTDNB

Developer
Contributor
Verified
@MaZa128 yesterday I also made the dev aware that “gears of war” and “halo” yielded results, so I think he is slightly rethinking his methods to improve it.

Recent Articles
Destruction AllStars PS5 Hits PS Plus in February, WRC 9 PS5 Gameplay Video
Recently developer Lucid Games announced their upcoming vehicular combat game Destruction AllStars published by Sony Interactive Entertainment will be pushed back to February 2021 on PlayStation 5...
PS4 Firmware 6.72 Payload Converter BIN2JS / JS2BIN by Storm21CH
Proceeding the Tutorial on Setting Up Payload.bin for PS4, Building PS4 Payloads Guide, the previous BIN2JS Tutorial to Convert PS4 Payload.bin to Payload.js Files and Adding Custom Payloads to...
PS5 PKGs Surface: Include Share Factory Studio for Scene Devs to Examine!
Following the recent PS5 UI / UX Unveiling and PS5 XML List updates we now have reports of the first PS5 PKGs surfacing, including a Share Factory Studio PS5 Package for PlayStation 5 Scene...
PS5 Unboxing Videos and PlayStation 5 Games Live on Sony's Servers!
As predicted a few days ago, many are bypassing the October 30th release date for PS5 accessories and mainstream media is already receiving PlayStation 5 consoles for press unboxing revealing the...