Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today we saw the PS4 Pro LED light strip powering up, gameplay & loading time videos, and now we have a few more video demos from Juniper Roth of Maxwell Inc. Studios featuring the changing a PS4 Pro hard drive, a power supply plug piccy and a PS4 Pro HDD removal tutorial below! (y)

For those not keeping track, some PS4 Pro Unboxing videos are now live and Sony recently updated their PlayStation 4 Professional FAQ... so we've followed suit on the PS4 Pro Ultimate FAQ here with the latest additions near the bottom. :cool:

PS4 Pro: How To Change the Hard Drive
PS4 Pro Hard Drive Removal (High Quality)

Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 2.jpg Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 3.jpg Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 4.jpg Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 5.jpg Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 6.jpg Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 7.jpg Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos 8.jpg
Finally, Press-Start.com.au shared the following guide on How To Upgrade The PS4 Pro Hard Drive to quote:

How-To-Upgrade-PS4-Pro-Hard-Drive.png

"Firstly, if you’re using a 2TB drive from your old PS4, ensure to back it up to an external HD first. Alternatively, make sure that your saves are in the cloud and you can redownload your games once your hard drive is in your PS4 Pro, but do be warned it will be wiped once it’s put into your PS4 Pro. You can check that your saves are in the cloud by going to Settings > Saved Data Management > Download to System Storage.

The PS4 Pro will take any 2.5 inch Serial ATA internal drive, keeping in mind that it needs to be 9.5mm or thinner. The largest capacity that you’ll widely be able to find in Australia is 2TB. You can also splash out on an SSD as the Pro has SATA3 support.

The only tool that you’ll need for this procedure is a small-medium phillips-head screwdriver.

REMOVE THE BLACK HARD DRIVE PANEL

On the back of the PlayStation 4 Pro, you’ll find a plastic panel that sits on the right. You’ll spot a tab right near to the ethernet port that will allow you to pull the cover off and reveal the hard drive bay.

How-To-Upgrade-PS4-Pro-Hard-Drive 2.jpg

UNSCREW THE LARGE BLACK SCREW

Push in with your phillips-head screwdriver and unscrew the large screw that is securing the hard drive caddy.

How-To-Upgrade-PS4-Pro-Hard-Drive 3.jpg

PULL OUT THE HARD DRIVE CADDY

Grab the two prongs at the end of the hard drive caddy with your fingers and gently slide it out of the PlayStation 4 Pro.

How-To-Upgrade-PS4-Pro-Hard-Drive 4.jpg

UNSCREW FOUR BLACK SCREWS

Use your phillips-head screwdriver to unscrew the four black screws on the side of the caddy. Be careful not to lose them as they are important to keeping your hard drive secure in the caddy.

How-To-Upgrade-PS4-Pro-Hard-Drive 5.jpg

REPLACE OLD HARD DRIVE WITH THE NEW ONE

Gently slide your old hard drive out of the hard drive caddy and slide in your new hard drive. Take note that you need to put it in chip side up (this is reverse of the old PlayStation 4.) Line up your screws with the holes on the side and screw your four black screws back into place.

How-To-Upgrade-PS4-Pro-Hard-Drive 6.jpg

SLIDE CADDY BACK IN AND SECURE WITH SCREW/COVER

Slide your hard drive caddy back into your PlayStation 4 Pro with the two prongs facing the bottom of your console. Secure your caddy with the black screw and click in your hard drive cover.

PREPARE CLEAN INSTALL OF PS4 OS

As this is a new hard drive, you’ll need to install a new PlayStation 4 operating system. To do this, head HERE and press the ‘fresh install’ button to download your clean install. You’ll need to put it on a USB drive in the folder structure PS4 > UPDATE > PSP4UPDATE.PUP

If you need to restore from a backup after this. You’ll need to go into settings and restore from backup. You can then go into Storage Management to make sure that your new hard drive size has taken effect."

Changing PS4 Pro Hard Drive and PS4 Pro HDD Removal Tutorial Videos.jpg

Comments

The superslim pro II model is the hidden card to confront the next MS console. Sony have a year to plan every move untill then.

I was ready to buy this one, but i think ill wait for the SWITCH, that is an interesting device.

The firmware downloaded from sony to install the OS updates the console? I have a 4.05 Fat console, and i don't want update it.

All firmwares, and recovery firmwares to change disk are HERE.

very good tut, can i back up my jailbreak ps4 data and then restore back after changing HDD without logging in ?

i try before when my ps4 was not jailbreak , you must sign in to restore data to new HDD, now i cant go sign in, how i will restore data NOW ?, I NEED MY PROFILE AND SAVEs ? IS THERE FTP METHOD ? TO TRANSFER PROFILES AND SAVES ?

Hi,
i've upgraded my pro with a new hard drive and of course i have to reinstall the FW.

My question is; is the Reinstallation Firmware version always at 1.00 or so or is it the latest version (right now 9.03)? I am on 9.00 and wanna stay on that FW of course

or is there a PUP unpacker to see what FW is written in there?
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back