Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This past week Sony officially released PS5 4.00 Firmware / System Software enabling storage expansion support for M.2 Solid State Drives, and below is a list of confirmed PS5 M.2 SSDs that are compatible with the PlayStation 5 console's M.2 SSD Requirements previously outlined. 🧑‍💻

As more PS5 M.2 Solid State Drives are tested as compatible we'll update the PS5 M.2 Compatibility List below, and for those who've already joined the PS5Scene feel free to share your own test results in the comments that will also be added as time permits.
Finally, as advised by Sony whether built-in or separate be sure to use a heatsink (Requirements) with your new M.2 PS5 SSD following the M.2 SSD PS5 Storage Expansion Upgrade Installation and How to Add, Install Games and Use a PS5 M.2 SSD FAQ from our PS5 Guides and Tutorials section... should you have any questions feel free to ask in the PlayStation 5 Help forum. 🆘
Compatible PS5 M.2 Storage Expansion Solid State Drives (SSDs) List.jpg

Comments

I've been using since day one a GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe Gen4 M.2 2TB GP-ASM2NE6200TTTD with copper heatsink. Unlike the aorus 7000s, this one works at 5500mb/s. It's the cheapest i could get in my country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back