Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 21, 2016 at 8:31 PM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 modder 3absiso shared a brief guide on how to convert imported PS4 consoles with 4 pins on their Power Supply Unit to use a PSU with 5 pins.

Below are the details, to quote: Hi; Here we have a lot of PS4 that can be imported from USA and some from Europe, and for who does not know some comes with a 5Pins PSU and some with 4Pins PSU.

In this tutorial we will convert a 4Pin PS4 to use a 5Pin PSU, there may other methods to do that but i found this is the easiest:

xJMPemm.jpg

You Will need One 4 Pins Power Cable and One 5 Pins Power Cable and follow the images and Diagram:

azOKT9r.jpg

Thanx

Comments

what is the point of this article? I mean, all PlayStation products use the same power cord, so messing with the power supply seems like a waste of effort and dangerous to a $400 console as you'll soon shorty over/under power the console and ruin the motherboard and the power supply, which is just money down the drain as the other components are worth less than $100

I spose for those who have limited options and are stuck with a PS4 console outside of their power supply region.

Oh, and I wanted to add a new post to the guides section after watching the tumbleweed blow across my screen here :p

what is the point of this article? I mean, all PlayStation products use the same power cord, so messing with the power supply seems like a waste of effort and dangerous to a $400 console as you'll soon shorty over/under power the console and ruin the motherboard and the power supply, which is just money down the drain as the other components are worth less than $100
If you are skilled enough with a soldering tip then it should not be of any risk this procedure. If you don't feel confident then pay $100 for a new power supply ;)

Hey man, appreciate the article, do you know where i can buy such a wonderful wire? (4 pin to 5 pin wire) I've looked around but I don't know the name or any details. A link to either just a 5 pin wire I can tackle or link to the full wire itself would be fully appreciated.

If anyone is looking for a easy way to do this I have a the simplest solution with no soldering or splicing. You can just pull out the wires from one end of a 4pin and also from a 5pin cable. One of the ground connections on the 5pin connector will have no wire connected.

Just the push the wires back into the connector slots (of course make sure they still follow the diagram) I did this and got a 4pin motherboard working with a 5pin PSU in less than 10min. And you can make a second 4pin to 5pin connector with the spare parts.

So i have made this , but problem i having is , 5 Pin motherboard to 4 Pin PSU Not working
4 Pin Motherboard to 5 Pin PSU working.

What am i doing wrong ?
5 Pin Motherboard doesn't even blink or beep , Just nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back