Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyMiles2012

Contributor
Hi everyone! I recently installed CFW on my PS3 to dump my games to use with RPCS3. The emulator has a known issue that prevents PSN games that were originally disc only (Demon's Souls) from running, as what that game does is mounts the game files to the BD, similar to mounting an ISO on Windows.

I don't want to have to scour the internet for an illegitimate copy for a game I already own and dumped myself. I figured if I can somehow convert it to a proper disc copy, it would properly work.

I'm currently trying the idea of copying and pasting the game directory as an ISO to my USB drive though I don't think that would make a difference. I've tried putting the game directory in the rpcs3/hdd0/disc and game folder but neither worked.

We did an article on it earlier this year, and in it one of the Tweets mentions something similar to what you suspected:

"PSN Demon Souls is just the Disc release (BLUS30443) but packaged to be on an HDD, and redirects to dev_bdvd. This is why RPCS3 cant load it."

You also may already know everything in the 'how to' video below:
There probably is a simple way of getting it to work without grabbing another dump of the game, perhaps something along the lines of changing the path (not sure if you'll have to mod the PARAM.SFO also for RPCS3) but chances are someone in the ongoing Reddit Thread has already sorted it out.

Here are a few online dumps of Demon's Souls I ran across, although they likely fall into the same boat of needed to be modded for use with RPCS3. :confused:
If anyone else here knows more, do enlighten us.. thanks! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back