Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the Codebreaker Cheats for PS2 PKG Games tutorial, here is a simple guide to create PS2 FPKG (Fake Packages) with cheats and the PS2 Classic GUI with thanks to @Codester1389 for the initial cue.

PART PC

Download the All-in-one PS2 FPKG Cheats (18.4 MB) archive (All-in-one PS2 FPKG Cheats.rar - Mirror - 18.36 MB) and extract it to your desktop. The archive includes:
  • cddvdgen
  • cdvd_iml2iso_403
  • isobuster_install
  • PS2 Classics Gui V1
  • PS2LOADELF
2. Install isobuster and extract the contents of your game in CD, DVD or ISO format into the "PS2LOADELF" folder.

3. Open the "SYSTEM.CNF" file (contained in the "PS2LOADELF" folder) with a notepad and rename the first string in this way:

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\LNCF_999.99; 1

Open Cdvdgen.exe, click on "Create new project" and then on "CD-ROM Master Disc" (If your game extracted weighs less than 750MB) or on "DVD-ROM Master Disc" (If your game is extracted weighs more than 750MB)

5. Now move all the contents of the "PS2LOADELF" folder into the CD / DVD-ROM Generator program windows

6. Click on the "VOLUME" tab and enter in the "Disc Name" field the id of your game that you can always find in the "PS2LOADELF" folder (example: SLES21430), in the "Producer Name" field write PLAYSTATION and in the "license area" field choose the region of your game:
  • SLES \ SCES belongs to the Europe region
  • SLUS \ SCUS belongs to the America region
  • SLPS belongs to the Japan region
7. Once you have done this, click on "File", "Export iml file" and save the file with any name on the desktop.

8. Open "cdvd_iml2iso_403.exe", click on "Open" button on the right, choose the iml file you find on the desktop and then click on the "iml2iso" button on the left and wait for the process of creating your game iso with cheats are included.

9. Install the PS2 Classics Gui V1 by clicking on the "PS4 PS2 Classics GUI.application" file.

10. Open the link you just created on the desktop, choose your iso with the cheats previously created, in the "NP Title" field, delete the words LNCF99999 and enter the id of your game again while in the "Title" field write the name of your game. *

Press the "Create PS2 Classic" button to create the pkg and wait between 5 and 10 minutes. At the end of the process, copy your pkg into a usb stick formatted in exfat.

* In "PS2 Classic GUI", by clicking with the right mouse button on the "Unity" box you can change the icon and the start image of your game. The images will be readjusted automatically with the measures required by the PS4 which are respectively: icon0.png 512x512 24bit and pic1.png 1920x1080 24bit.

PART PLAYSTATION

Turn on the play, insert the usb stick, activate the exploit as usual and then go to Settings - * Debug Setting - Game - Package Installer to install your game ps2 FPKG

2. Start it and it will open the much loved "Launchelf" that we have all known on the legendary PS2.

3. With the included browser file (O key) go to "CDFS", then to the --elf-- folder and start the codebreaker.elf (for NTSC games) or the xploder.elf (for PAL games).

4. Select the cheats to activate and click on "Start Game" until you find yourself on "Launchelf" again.

5. Finally go again with the browser file on "CDFS" and start the game by clicking on the id (example: SLES_204.11).

6. Enjoy your PS2 game with activated cheats.

It is recommended not to activate many cheats because the game may stop at certain points in the game, so be careful.

CODEBREAKER GUIDES
via @stripnwild:
Create PS2 FPKG with Cheats & PS2 Classic GUI Guide by AngelDavil88.jpg

Comments

@AngelDavil88 using your method I keep getting the error Content ID for this package is in the incorrect format when trying to finally build the pkg file.. How do I edit it? The dialog box doesn't let me edit. Under NP ID I've typed the PS2 game title SLES54490

@AngelDavil88 found the problem. Step 3 it should be BOOT2 = cdrom0:\LNCF_999.99;1 you added spaces which causes issues.

Thank you for the simpler version, about to test on ps4

EDIT: Stuck on PS2 logo

@Zaryab Malik guide rewritten and corrected, tested and working personally by myself with several games. I'd like to see her in home, thanks.

@Weysincha the exploder v4 contained in the zip unfortunately contains codes of a few games, they are missing a lot. The codebreaker instead has them all. You can consult the list following the playstation part in step 4.

@Weysincha Once you create the first game by following the guide, you will know all the codes of all the games included in the codebreaker or xploder. I do not know if you understood me.

@AngelDavil88

i think you are not understanding me, why i have to make one fpkg game to know what cheats are supported ??

So every game i want to cheat i have to do the procedures again

It would be nice to have a list

@Weysincha

The procedure must be repeated only once for each game. If you want to know all the cheats as I have already told you, just create a first game with the procedure described and when you go to select the codes in the codebreaker or xploder, you will see all the list of codes included.

Example: I create a fake pkg of Resident Evil 4, install it, start it, get to the point of selecting the codes for that game and, flipping through the list, I notice that there are the codes of great theft auto 3 and tekken 5. In this So I know for sure that I can follow the guide for the last 2 games I mentioned. I hope I was clear!

@AngelDavil88

Your are hoping that was clear o_O ? , The one who did not realize it was you.

I knew from the beginning i could make a fpkg to see the list what supported games.

But i asked for a list without to make one and you're repeating yourself.

So please forget it.

Finally got .cue and .bin file to convert to .ISO and to boot proper. you have to mount cue to Drive with deamon tool on a DT virtual then i right clicked the task icon of deamon tools and used make disk image from the mounted drive and then converted using ps2 gui and got it to boot. dont know if anyone tried this yet.

also had success with cdclone to copy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back