Codebreaker Cheats for PS2 PKG Games tutorial, here is a simple guide to create PS2 FPKG (Fake Packages) with cheats and the PS2 Classic GUI with thanks to @Codester1389 for the initial cue.
1. Download the All-in-one PS2 FPKG Cheats archive and extract it to your desktop. The archive includes:
2. Install isobuster and extract the contents of your game in CD, DVD or ISO format into the "PS2LOADELF" folder.
- PS2 Classics Gui V1
3. Open the "SYSTEM.CNF" file (contained in the "PS2LOADELF" folder) with a notepad and rename the first string in this way:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\LNCF_999.99; 1
4. Open Cdvdgen.exe, click on "Create new project" and then on "CD-ROM Master Disc" (If your game extracted weighs less than 750MB) or on "DVD-ROM Master Disc" (If your game is extracted weighs more than 750MB)
5. Now move all the contents of the "PS2LOADELF" folder into the CD / DVD-ROM Generator program windows
6. Click on the "VOLUME" tab and enter in the "Disc Name" field the id of your game that you can always find in the "PS2LOADELF" folder (example: SLES21430), in the "Producer Name" field write PLAYSTATION and in the "license area" field choose the region of your game:
7. Once you have done this, click on "File", "Export iml file" and save the file with any name on the desktop.
- SLES \ SCES belongs to the Europe region
- SLUS \ SCUS belongs to the America region
- SLPS belongs to the Japan region
8. Open "cdvd_iml2iso_403.exe", click on "Open" button on the right, choose the iml file you find on the desktop and then click on the "iml2iso" button on the left and wait for the process of creating your game iso with cheats are included.
9. Install the "PS2 Classics Gui V1" by clicking on the "PS4 PS2 Classics GUI.application" file.
10. Open the link you just created on the desktop, choose your iso with the cheats previously created, in the "NP Title" field, delete the words LNCF99999 and enter the id of your game again while in the "Title" field write the name of your game. *
11. Press the "Create PS2 Classic" button to create the pkg and wait between 5 and 10 minutes. At the end of the process, copy your pkg into a usb stick formatted in exfat.
* In "PS2 Classic GUI", by clicking with the right mouse button on the "Unity" box you can change the icon and the start image of your game. The images will be readjusted automatically with the measures required by the PS4 which are respectively: icon0.png 512x512 24bit and pic1.png 1920x1080 24bit.
1. Turn on the play, insert the usb stick, activate the exploit as usual and then go to Settings - * Debug Setting - Game - Package Installer to install your game ps2 FPKG
2. Start it and it will open the much loved "Launchelf" that we have all known on the legendary PS2.
3. With the included browser file (O key) go to "CDFS", then to the --elf-- folder and start the codebreaker.elf (for NTSC games) or the xploder.elf (for PAL games).
4. Select the cheats to activate and click on "Start Game" until you find yourself on "Launchelf" again.
5. Finally go again with the browser file on "CDFS" and start the game by clicking on the id (example: SLES_204.11).
6. Enjoy your PS2 game with activated cheats.
It is recommended not to activate many cheats because the game may stop at certain points in the game, so be careful.