@Markus95 shared a guide on how to create a PS4 / PC local server to launch the various PS4 WebKit Exploits from for those seeking to learn.
Check it out below with a PS4 3.50-4.07 WebKit Exploit video demo, to quote from the French console modding site ModConsoles.fr roughly translated:
Hello everyone, With the great advances of the last few days on PS4, many are wondering how to launch exploits (html) from their console.
There are several possibilities, either go directly through the browser and enter in the search bar the address corresponding to the future hack, either by creating a local server and host or even the exploits.
It is the latter that will interest us here. We will see how to create his own local server between his PS4 and his PC, in order to host me the feats to come (playground or otherwise).
This is very simple to do and allows some advantages:
To do it you need:
- Host even exploits, no worries about HS sites or maintenance preventing you from launching exploits
- Choose the versions of the exploits, do not depend on the bad updates of the exploits.
- Have control over executed exploits, be able to modify them if necessary ...
1- Prepare your PS4:
- A PS4
- A PC
- Python installed on your PC here
- fakedns.py here
- A text editor (Notepad or other)
- Xampp here
- An exploit (webkit for this tutorial) exploit webkit 3.50-4.07
Go under [Settings]> [Power Management Settings]> [Set Available Features in Idle Mode], then uncheck the box next to [Stay connected to the Internet] and [Allow PS4 activation from the network].
- First and foremost, you need to uncheck automatic updates in your console
Then, go under [Settings]> [System]> [Automatic Downloads], and then uncheck the boxes next to [System Software Update Files] and [Automatic Install].
2- Installation of the local server:
- Then set up a valid internet connection.
- Your PS4 is ready, we go on PC
Your server is ready.
- Install Xampp on your PC (if it is not already done), once installed, run it
- Once on Xampp control panel, click on start so Apache can turn green (on the left of your screen).
3- Preparation of the local server:
We will now create the link between your PS4 and your server (PC)
A manuals.playstation.net your PC IP address
- Retrieve the IP address of your PC by launching a command prompt, type cmd in the windows search bar
- Once on MS-dos type ipconfig
- The IP address of your PC will be in the line IPv4 address ...
- Once the address in your possession, install Python if it is not already done
- Copy / paste fakedns.py to the folder C: / Python27 /
- In this same folder C: / Python27 / create a .txt file and write it here:
What will give you this as an example:
A manuals.playstation.net 192.168.1.99
- Save this .txt file by renaming it dns.conf
- Start a new command prompt by typing cmd in the windows search bar
- Go to your Python folder by typing C: / cd Python27 and then once in your folder, type this:Code:fakedns.py -c dns.conf
This is your local server is functional, you just have to host the exploits.
- Then go on your PS4
- Set up an internet connection by simply changing the primary DNS with the IP address of your PC
- Test the connection on your console must succeed for all elements.
- Go under [Settings]> [User Guide] and run it
- You should see this on your PC
4- Host an exploit and execute it:
- On your PS4, go under [Settings]> [User Guide] and run it
- Note the path (in red) that appears in the navigation bar of your PS4
C: / xampp / htdocs / document / ca / ps4 /
- On your PC, go to C: / Xampp / htdocs / and create the corresponding folders to have the same path just noted.
- In the folder PS4, copy / paste the desired exploit (the exploit webkit in this tutorial)
And here is the webkit exploit in front of you, more than click GO and see if your console is eligible or not ...
- Go back to your PS4 and go under [Settings]> [User Guide] and run it
Ps: Tuto made on a PS4 PRO in 3.70 and here it is on video
Exploit Webkit PS4 3.50-4.07
Also below is a Tutorial on Setting up PS4 4.05 Local Host on Mac by Kudge, to quote: Setting up PS4 4.05 local host on Mac
- PS4 4.05
- Mac OS
- Ampps.dmg from https://www.ampps.com
- PS4-4.05-Kernel-Exploit-master file from https://github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-4.05-Kernel-Exploit
Now you should have your exploit running locally from your Mac.
- Install AMPPS and open the program. You will see Apache on and running as well as my SQL. Just above all that you will see a home option click that to start setting things up.
- Once in home, on the right hand side you will see add domain select that and in the domain bar type PS4 then hit add domain.
- Now head to finder on your Mac and select applications>AMPPS>WWW>PS4
- Once in this folder right click finder and open another finder window.
- Find your folder with the PS4-4.05-Kernel-Exploit-master you downloaded, open it and copy all of its contents into your PS4 folder from AMPPS.
- Head over to your PS4 and in the browser type in HTTP://YOURMACSIPADDRESS/PS4
Cheers! Thanks to CMTFrosty for the heads up on this!
How to Host the 4.55/4.05 Exploit Locally
How to host the PS4 WebKit exploit locally without being connected to the internet. Hosting the WebKit locally is more stable and can be customised.
Thanks to @raedoob on Twitter for the heads-up on this PS4 / PC Local Server guide.