Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 22, 2019 at 3:40 AM       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week he made available a Dishonored: Definitive Edition 60 FPS Mod PS4 PKG, and today @Wastelander121 returns bringing a Deadpool 60 FPS Mod PS4 PKG (CUSA-03528) via Twitter with a PlayStation 4 video of it in action from his YouTube Channel courtesy of Deppressiety. :cool:

Download: EP0002-CUSA03528_00-DEADPOOLPS400000-A0122-V0122.pkg (76.3 MB)

Spoiler: Depreciated

From the video's description: Allows Deadpool on PS4 to run at 60 FPS. Other changes in this mod are improved texture filtering (from 4 to 8) and Vsync. Video kindly recorded by Deppressiety.

Note: The frame rate spikes are due to the game constantly searching for an internet/PSN connection and if there isn't one available it causes the game to stutter. The same happens with the Xbox One version when an Xbox Live connection is not available.

:idea: For more mods across all platforms consider joining their Mod Users Society Discord Channel as well! ;)

[PS4] Deadpool 60 FPS Mod
Mercenaries 2 PS2 on PS4 test
Deadpool 60 FPS Mod PS4 Package (PKG) by Wastelander121.jpg

Comments

Uncapping GTAV isn't as easy as the ports of Deadpool/Dishonored due to it being a completely redone version of the game with many enhanced settings like textures and shadows etc.

It limits the potential for 30 FPS quite a bit. A PC of similar spec will get around the same 30 FPS as a base PS4 would, give or take 5 FPS. A PS4 Pro *might* be able to get it to 45-60 but I don't have one to test with.

I'll still look into uncapping it at some point but we'll have to see how it performs before I consider releasing it.

Here's a DigitalFoundry comparison of a PS4 vs a similarly specced PC. If I made an FPS uncapper it'd be around the same frame rate, at least on the base system and Slim model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back