Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter Conn0r       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conn0r

Contributor
I'm pretty spooked right now. I am on 4.01 and would like to stay there. I am using my proxy so I can stay online but the update still downloaded. I don't want to be using my playstation and accidentally click "install now."

Any thoughts?

I'm pretty spooked right now. I am on 4.01 and would like to stay there. I am using my proxy so I can stay online but the update still downloaded. I don't want to be using my playstation and accidentally click "install now."

Any thoughts?
go to "system >>> automatic download >>> system software update files" and disable it, so the update will not be downloaded automatically and everytime u turn on ur ps4 it will ask u to update so press not right now, that's all

Any thoughts?
I cant see any way out of that. Maybe completely initializing the ps4 could do it? Then again im not really sure

I'd agree with @Mouhssine to simply disable automatic updates, although I know some others such as InsaneNutter have gone a step further to block access, to quote in part:

Before connecting your PS4 to your home network I would advise blocking the PSN servers, this will stop the PS4 from downloading the latest system update from the PSN which it will do automatically, the good news is that the PS4 will not automatically install updates unless you have set it to do so when sleeping in the system settings.

Even if the PS4 has downloaded an update, once PSN access is blocked it will not nag you about installing an update.

How exactly you will block access to the PSN depends on your router, basic routers provided by your ISP might well not be able to do this.

Below are the following hostnames PS4's on firmware 1.76 use to access various parts of the PSN, addition hosts could well be present in later PS4 updates, however I only have one PS4 on 1.76 to test with.

You need to block the following host names on your router, this will stop the PS4 from talking to any of Sony's server, however still allow internet access:
Code:
post.net.playstation.net
get.net.playstation.net
fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net
themis.dl.playstation.net
sf.api.np.km.playstation.net
asm.np.community.playstation.net
artcdnsecure.ribob01.net
api-p014.ribob01.net
apicdn-p014.ribob01.net
t-prof.np.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
On PS4, blacklist http://crepo.ww.dl.playstation.net using proxy/DNS. This is the crash reporter.
Code:
{
    "Debug": false,
    "Root_Check": true,
    "Public": false,
    "DNS": true,
    "HTTP": true,
    "DNS_Interface_IP": "",
    "DNS_Port": 53,
    "HTTP_Interface_IP": "",
    "HTTP_Port": 80,
    "Compression_Level": 0,
    "UA_Check": false,
    "Theme": "Default",
    "Auto_Payload": "",
    "Payload_Timeout": 60,
    "DNS_Rules": {
        "Redirect_IP": "",
        "Redirect": [
            "^the\\.gate",
            "^www\\.playstation\\.com",
            "^(manuals|update)\\.playstation\\.net",
            "^(get|post|ena|update)\\.net\\.playstation\\.net",
            "^(d|f|h)[a-z]{2}01\\.(ps4|ps5|psp2|psv)\\.update\\.playstation\\.net",
            "^ctest\\.cdn\\.nintendo\\.net",
            "^conntest\\.nintendowifi\\.net"
        ],
        "Block": [
            "^(.*\\.)?playstation\\.(com|net|org)",
            "^(.*\\.)?scea\\.com",
            "^(.*\\.)?sonyentertainmentnetwork\\.com",
            "^(.*\\.)?nintendo\\.(net|at|be|ch|co\\.jp|co\\.kr|co\\.nz|co\\.uk|co\\.za|com|com\\.au|com\\.hk|cz|de|dk|es|fi|fr|gr|hu|it|jp|nl|no|pt|ru|se|tw)",
            "^(.*\\.)?nintendo-europe\\.com",
            "^(.*\\.)?nintendoswitch.(cn|com|com\\.cn)"
        ],
        "Pass_Through_IP": []
    },
    "Valid_UA": [],
    "Update": {
        "PS4_No_Update": 1.76,
        "Vita_No_Update": 0.00
    },
    "Languages": {
        "English": "en"