Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter 2022 to everyone, with a special greeting to resident bunny rabbit lover @CyB1K that always has the perfect blend of bunnies 🐇 and backported game updates for the PS4 Scene on his Cyberpt1000 Twitter feed along with fellow backporter @opoisso893 who goes by backport893 on Twitter sharing Easter Eggs. 🥚 Hop! Hop! 🐰

Since the OpenTyrian PS4 PKG homebrew game port and PICO-8 PS4 PKG emulator port last month, diabpsx's elder sister diasurgical recently released a DevilutionX v1.4.0 PS4 PKG followed by a DevilutionX v1.4.1 PS4 PKG, a DevilutionX v1.5.0 PS4 PKG, a DevilutionX v1.5.1 PS4 PKG and a DevilutionX v1.5.2 PS4 PKG which is a Diablo / Hellfire source port on Github. 🔥

Download: devilutionx-ps4.pkg (13.5 MB) / GIT / DevilutionX - DVLX00001 Plus Integrated Update V1.40 MULTI @Diablodin.zip (541.18 MB - includes devilutionx-ps4.pkg and DIABDAT.MPQ)

Spoiler: DVLX00001 PS4 PKG via Diablodin

Here's a few excerpts from the README.md, as follows: DevilutionX

What is DevilutionX

DevilutionX is a source port of Diablo and Hellfire that strives to make it simple to run the game while providing engine improvements, bugfixes, and some optional quality of life features.

Check out the manual for what features are available and how best to take advantage of them.

For a full list of changes see our changelog.

Credits
  • The original Devilution project Devilution
  • Everyone who worked on Devilution/DevilutionX
  • Nikolay Popov for UI and graphics
  • WiAParker for the Polish voice pack
  • And thanks to all who support the project, report bugs, and help spread the word ❤️
How to install PS4 Diablo Port DevilutionX
DevilutionX v1.4.0 Diablo Hellfire Source Port PS4 PKG by Diasurgical.png

Comments

This is very cool, is it possible to to edit command txt to add the Barbarian in, like in orig pc release?

trying to look into the eboot & devilutionx.mpq now...

As the manual etc hasn't been updated yet to reflect PS4 installation, how does one install this beyond the pkg file installation? I assume I need to FTP the files from the retail Diablo/Hellfire listed, but to where on the PS4?

@KhenemetHeru
Yeah, install the PKG and then follow the same instructions as all on the main git page. You need the main data files from a legit copy of the game.

However, I hear people have been having issues with it not working on PS4 at all so I'd give it a week or so. I'd bet here is a new PKG coming soon.

create a file /user/data/diasurgical/devilution/diablo.ini with the following contents:
Code:
[Language]
Code=en
this fixed the crashing issues for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back