Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 2, 2018 at 9:03 AM       66      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his History Blocker Payload and following the Guide to Dump PS4 Disc Games and PS4 Game Backup / Decryption Tutorial, PlayStation 4 developer @stooged made available a DiscDump 50X payload to copy / dump content and files from a PS4 optical drive to a USB HDD on jailbroken 5.05 Firmware. :fire:

Download: DiscDump.bin / DiscDump.html / GIT

To quote from stooged on the release in the forums: "its not super fast but it will dump the files to a folder named Disc_Dump on a usb drive.

just insert the disc into the drive and then run the payload.

if you use a new game disc if it asks you about updating just select cancel and then run the payload."

Backing up Retail Games to Fake Pkg's (6.72 or Lower)
DiscDump 50X Payload Dump from PS4 Optical Drive to USB by Stooged.jpg

Comments

hi, can I ask how does this work

how do you get the .bin file to work on the ps4 do you have to send it to the ps4 or can I put it on a usb stick and launch it on my ps4 will that work, or do you need one of those ESP8266 devices to flash it?

it would be nice if there is a video on how this works, also could I dump any ps4 game disc to my external hard drive new game or old game

I am ok with not playing the new games but I would like to dump the new games to hard drive so can I do that with the .bin file

Nothing is there to get excited about. And the dumped files will be not useful.
It will only dump encrypted files.
Files on PS4 get mounted after successfully running the game.

@stooged
I’m curious the title says 50x to me means 5.05 or below correct.
So if that is true then why not use the regular dump method?
Or does this “dump” games higher than 5.05?
No disrespect meant I enjoy all your work and thank you for another fine release
(Ps I know apps2usb has been updated but haven’t seen a thread about it.)

I think he meant to say that you can only start with a 5.05 jailbreak console.
Because at the end of the text he said:
if you use a new game disc if it asks you about updating just select cancel and then run the payload."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back