Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 2, 2018 at 9:03 AM       66      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his History Blocker Payload and following the Guide to Dump PS4 Disc Games and PS4 Game Backup / Decryption Tutorial, PlayStation 4 developer @stooged made available a DiscDump 50X payload to copy / dump content and files from a PS4 optical drive to a USB HDD on jailbroken 5.05 Firmware. :fire:

Download: DiscDump.bin / DiscDump.html / GIT

To quote from stooged on the release in the forums: "its not super fast but it will dump the files to a folder named Disc_Dump on a usb drive.

just insert the disc into the drive and then run the payload.

if you use a new game disc if it asks you about updating just select cancel and then run the payload."

Backing up Retail Games to Fake Pkg's (6.72 or Lower)
DiscDump 50X Payload Dump from PS4 Optical Drive to USB by Stooged.jpg

Comments

nope I need to get it to dump using a dumper first but it keeps dumping the orbisman
ive not seen sega mega drive classics from servers or is there a link?

Someone try to dump a higher fw game on 5.05...

@jd200 check the OP again.
"just insert the disc into the drive and then run the payload"
you have to use Disc instead of retail pkgs

ok here's my guide
this installs higher firmware games to ps4

first ftp your ps4 and put in the higher firmware disc into ps4
game will ask to update just close it.
then open your ftp program and connect to ps4 look for disc /app/cusaxxxx
then get the app.pkg
then close everything
then install ORBISMAN_BETA.pkg and set the spoof to 5.55
then you can install the app.pkg.
so between 5.05 to 5.55 games can be installed
now we need a dumper

for now only install until we get a dumper its a step forward maybe a dev can do something ?

you can dump disc to a usb flash using dumper

ok we need a new dumper like 5.55 it dumps files but no eboot

Would this work in a different way to popping the disc into a PC and dumping it that way or would it be the same result?

I simple am asking as if it is a direct dump of the files I can do that with my PC at the moment. I didn't think there was anyway to dump the disc files directly and run them or am I missing something?

Obviously we can run FPKGs by dumping games into the .pkg format so does this do that or is it just a direct dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back