Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 17, 2019 at 3:04 AM       5,151       13            

Comments

Wastelander121

Developer
Contributor
Verified
@GamerStation According to DigitalFoundry you can get 60 fps on the Pro. It's likely if we found a way to up the cap to 60 that the base PS4 would only get 30-45 fps regardless. Dishonored is a special case since it can be run on a low tier i3 and GTX 750 at over 100 fps but for some reason they capped it to 30 for the Definitive Edition.

mukasange

Contributor
i wonder what will happen to my slim 5.05 hen if i used this mod, remember those are still AMD not ryzen and not intel if the apu is being forced to run over its limit our ps4 hen will be die too soon as amd tends to produce heat a lot than intel, i'am sure ps4 hen is a treasure for now i bought it sealed one and today it's very rare to buy sealed 5.05 hen

Wastelander121

Developer
Contributor
Verified
@mukasange There's no risk whatsoever. I used a base PS4 to test this on and the fans don't even kick up. Most of the PS3-PS4 UE3 remasters can run at a near locked 60fps without issue.

In fact, some of them can even run 1440p at 50-60 fps but I'm not sure how to make an FPKG that can detect the Pro and run at a higher res while staying at 1080p on the base systsems.

A good reference point is if the game on PC runs it well on an i3 with a GTX 750 - it's near enough the same performance level as a base PS4.

Recent Articles
PS4 System Software / Firmware 7.01 is Now Live, Don't Update!
It figures Sony wouldn't let the holidays roll by without giving the PlayStation 4 scene a present worthy of regifting, and today following their previous PS4 OFW update comes PS4 System Software...
Resident Evil 3 Returns to PlayStation 4 on April 3rd, 2020
In the footsteps of Resident Evil 2 on PS4 comes Capcom's return to Raccoon City in Resident Evil 3 arriving on PlayStation 4 next April 3rd, 2020! šŸ¦ Here are some RE3 PS4 screenshots alongside...
Sony PlayStation State of Play Live Stream for December 10th, 2019
Today as scheduled Sony held their last PlayStation State of Play December 2019 conference for the year, with a recap of the live stream and video game highlights below for those who missed it...
Redbox Video Game Rentals to End This Year, Game Sales by Early 2020
As GameStop reported massive financial losses and announced the closing of more stores this year, it appears Redbox is getting out of the video game rental business by the end of 2019... they'll...