Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Ed94       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed94

Contributor
I was looking into the ps4 playground exploit for 3.55 on my slim and notice part of the process required me to use the ps4's internet browser.

Right now its telling me that I need to sign into playstation network in order to use it. If I connect it to the internet and sign in, will it auto download the new firmware or can I block it beforehand so that I just get the sign in through and have it hooked lan to the pc.

I noticed the firmware's at or below 1.76 in first startup vids on YT show that you can update later, but I don't seem to see that for 3.55 or higher...

Ok so I did a quick initalization to remove any record of the ps4 knowing that 4.07 exists. Then I tired using the psproxy latest version to bypass 4.07. I put current firmware as 3.55 then just set it up like this...

efd6c0b808.png

All I get is the Error Code: (CE-34701-5) Update the system software to use network features.

So either the psproxy isn't full working for this specific situation, or the ps4 was able to get enough information to know that there is a software update, and refuses to go to the redirected link psproxy provided, or was aware out of the box...

I guess I'm stuck. :eek: Since the only way to get a psn activated at this point is to go through the psn sign in process.

Viewing the ps network stats on the ps4 browser works fine however so I know the connection is at least working.

I wonder if there is a way of abusing the fact that the PSN status check works for psproxy... :confused: It seems to be using the same app as the regular browser just locked to a specific IP address.

If you were to just have the psproxy or some similar sort redirect as soon as it sees that address, then it may be able to redirect to the playground webkit xampp address? Then it would be possible to use a brand new PS4 that never connected to PS4 before, without even having to bypass the update.

So your saying if I had it so that xampp did the redirection from the psn status page, to have it go straight to the localhosted page where the exploit is hosted. o_O

Something like this?
807ea211ce.png

40d6979de6.png

For this senario I would have it so that the servername is https://status.playstation.com/en-US/, and then the document root is the location of the hosted exploit is C:\xampp\htdocs\document\en\ps4. :confused:

Alright then thanks @Centrino :); soon as I can, tonight or this weekend, I'll start fleshing this redirect out and seeing what happens.:bananaman2:
Ok its working! :bananaman13:
491825f0c4.jpg

b6e96b3f63.png

335bac9894.png

Here is a list of some sites I found the ps4 connecting to while trying to sign in to psn. I wonder what in the world psproxy did to get pass them.

Dus is for the download, the two listed in the original psproxy's list xml files...
Fus is some general connection thing, if there was a way of dumping what it was checking for could prob get away with signing in...
Hus is for version checking at least.
us.np seems to be for maybe checking the download?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back