Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter dragonsurfer       Start date Jan 29, 2019 at 11:39 PM       48      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I made this work-in-progress (WIP) port package to run DOSBox 0.74 on the PS4 using uLaunchELF by Nominus and PS2 DOSBox by belek666. I take no credit for any of these programs.

Simply install the PS4 PKG, run filebrowser then navigate to cdfs then select ps2dosbox.elf. DOSBox loads fine but will not accept input or run games as its not seeing the DOSBox.conf file... I added the file but its not looking for it in the right spot I think.

Download: Ulaunch Elf with Dosbox.pkg (14.88 MB)

If anyone wants to play around with it simply decompile the FPKG using the standard password (00000000000000000000000000000000)

I believe the traditional location for DOSBox.conf would be in mass: which uLaunchELF doesn't see on the PS4. If someone could remap that program someday to find different storage locations it would help marvelously with homebrew like this.

I think that uLaunch ELF also does not work with a USB keyboard on the PS4. I dont know if this can be reconfigured or not.
DOSBox 0.74 PS2 on PS4 WIP Port Fake PKG by DragonSurfer.jpg

Comments

That's strange. I have tried with HEN 1.8 and HEN 1.7 but it just black screens. It uses the PS2 emulation right? Because it doesn't even give me the PlayStation 2 logo animation when I load it up. Just goes to black screen and locks up. Sometimes it comes up with a corrupted save message but no file browser.

Coding for it is in the include folder under keyboard.h.

I'm on fw 620 so I can't

I even noticed the ps2 dev kit had support for sega system. Two totally different systems yet supported like wtf

@MODDEDWARFARE I wish I knew what the issue was to help. I kind of hate for it not load up, especially to you of all people, being someone who could help debug it.

you can decompile it easy enough using fpkg tools and the standard password. All I did was stick a ps2 DOSBox elf file I found online inside the image for the ulaunchelf pkg and change the name in the param.sfo from Rogue galaxy.

Every pkg I made while experimenting with this worked straight away for me. However I tried to make one for scumm and that one black screened for me. I cant imagine why it would not work for you, using the same firmware, and same payload as me. My 5.05 is a regular model ps4 and not a ps4 pro if that might make any difference.

Both my consoles are old model PS4's. Not slim or pro.
Maybe someone can try this version i made to see if it can load the config file. Since I can't test it myself or if it will load at all:

Spoiler

Unlikely to work but worth a shot.

@MODDEDWARFARE
Im wondering if its some sort of region issue being as your in Scotland and im in the USA.
Ill happily test that pkg for you.

Your pkg loads up just fine for me and ends up at the same screen as mine, not frozen but not accepting any input, ill have to decompile it and make some changes in the autoexec settings in DOSBox.conf to see if it sees the configuration file.

I see you already made changes to the autoexec and I love your sense of humor! Unfortunately, It doesn't register on the DOSBox screen , so I can only assume it doesn't see it.

Ah never mind then. You could be right about the region issue. Only way to know is get some other European to test it with their console and see if they have the same issue. Il ask XexSolutions to try the pkg file when he gets on.

Was hoping for something like this to display based on my autoexec settings.

AaQPPt6.png

But no dice. It's still not seeing the config file.

This may be a dumb suggestion since I'm probably way in over my head with this stuff, but could it be a case sensitive issue? I notice all the files get capitalised when made into a PS2 ISO and one of the references to the config file in the .ELF are in lowercase. Which might be why it can't find the config file?

@MODDEDWARFARE
I think the issue is that this was originally ported and designed to look for DOSBox.conf in the Mass: area in ulaunch elf, which just doesn't show up at all in the ps4's ps2emu. Now, DOSBox should make its own DOSBox.conf file where it can see it after first run if none is detected, however the nature of the way these pkgs work do not allow changes to made and saved within the pkg file from the ps4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back