Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter dragonsurfer       Start date Jan 29, 2019 at 11:39 PM       48      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I made this work-in-progress (WIP) port package to run DOSBox 0.74 on the PS4 using uLaunchELF by Nominus and PS2 DOSBox by belek666. I take no credit for any of these programs.

Simply install the PS4 PKG, run filebrowser then navigate to cdfs then select ps2dosbox.elf. DOSBox loads fine but will not accept input or run games as its not seeing the DOSBox.conf file... I added the file but its not looking for it in the right spot I think.

Download: Ulaunch Elf with Dosbox.pkg (14.88 MB)

If anyone wants to play around with it simply decompile the FPKG using the standard password (00000000000000000000000000000000)

I believe the traditional location for DOSBox.conf would be in mass: which uLaunchELF doesn't see on the PS4. If someone could remap that program someday to find different storage locations it would help marvelously with homebrew like this.

I think that uLaunch ELF also does not work with a USB keyboard on the PS4. I dont know if this can be reconfigured or not.
DOSBox 0.74 PS2 on PS4 WIP Port Fake PKG by DragonSurfer.jpg

Comments

Most people upload games or pkgs based on US so your pkg wouldn't work for me either so I would need to decompile change pkg to US and recompile for my region so you guys know

You could copy your config to pc then edit it with npp+ and copy it back after so it reads your config file with changes but not sure if it will work or decompile and add to your image from hdd location so it's configured already

Try making a new image using Ps2emu image then load directly rather then load an emu on emu this will confuse a config as well just make sure your region is set for your country correctly for each person needs

As for ps3 I think it's possible you just need a mips backend as it's based on that it's under mips32r1 for ppc fpga which runs both ppc and mips the compiler is under mips its like what we are using right now

Same concept sorry type0

And the porting for ps3 is in there if you read the source for retroarch not sure on the emu. So there's a good start on porting but running is another thing. So far your just using ps2 mips emu would need to expand save state for this porting and to compile under the PS4 chain to add pkg support for it.

As you can see here ppc fpga uses mips compiler for the backend system
Just as sparc64 also runs on this board and there is ps3 whole backend system in one. It all relates to ps4 just as Sony always does to support there games but lies that they can't handle it yet charge extra to use it thro online streaming yet still requires hw system to utilize this end of it

Ps3 is basically cell arch which is from ASIC and is well known for expensive toy fpga to port backend systems and allows more then one arch at a time cell-s-d-k is ppu > ppc spu > opensparc64 yet devs use arm for a lot of ppc related to AIX ppc systems. Just so you can see how they all relate to our ps4 systems

One development board to rule them all and keep hackers at a all time low or minimum from seeing how things work and understanding how. Go over to riscv and checkout the old port and read the patches its all there nice sony nice and stupid. Running ps2 mips system like that don't reveal all

Backend to ps3

Here look at the patches so you can see what's in there
What I'm getting at here is if we are using an amd machine we shouldn't be able to play mips games even thro an emu unless the system has mips backend and that means that it's not amd after all.

Easier solution would be to say is systemV =risc5

Psxitarch Linux version 2.0 just released

Replaced the Wicd network manager with Network Manager
Replaced the ePSXe emulator with PCSXR
Replaced Midori with Firefox
Replaced Xnoise with VLC
It is possible through an option to change the keyboard layout between IT, US, ES, DE, FR
Other..
Pcsxr

@dragonsurfer
as i said its in a different keyboard layout you want a US USB 2.0 keyboard and do strokes on it to get the layout and change yours then theres the whole usb2.0/3.0. try avoiding starting one pkg from another

I find it very interesting too but havent had any luck recompiling it to see input. I was thinking about going at it a different way and trying to compile it as a Linux package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back