Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter Rossinhol       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I want to downgrade my PS3 with Rogero 3.55 but in the middle of the installation I have this message "error 8002F957"...Help me please !
It doesn't sound like you have used a hardware flasher first to patch the flash. There are quite a few steps you need to do first before you can install CFW. Although first you need to find out if your console is even able to be downgraded. What is the model number of your PS3, it will be on a sticker on the back of the console and start with CECH.

CECH-2504B...Thank you !
You might be in luck, I think that is the latest model that can be downgraded, although not all of them. Download this MinVerChk.rar extract the PS3UPDAT.pup file from the rar and run it on your PS3 like an ordinary firmware update. It will tell you what the lowest firmware that can be installed on your PS3 is.

If it says 3.56 or lower then your console is downgradeable. If it is then you will need to either buy an e3 flasher and use that to downgrade your console, or pay a professional to do it for you. There is no free way. If your console is on 4.70 or lower right now then you can use the backup injection method to install and play backups.

You're right at the edge dude. Firmware 3.56 was released somewhere around January 28 2011. If your console was manufactured after January 20th 2011 the lowest you will probably be able to downgrade is 3.56 which means no jailbreak.

You're right at the edge dude. Firmware 3.56 was released somewhere around January 28 2011. If your console was manufactured after January 20th 2011 the lowest you will probably be able to downgrade is 3.56 which means no jailbreak.
No it doesn't mean no jailbreak. CFW can be installed on 3.56 using e3 flasher no fsm method. If the minver is 3.60 or higher then that means no jailbreak.

I have this in the screen "Update data of version 3.40 or later can be intalled on this system (8002F967)...I think I must pay a professional to fix it...My actual version is 4.75...

I doubt he's going to buy a flasher for $40 or more and open his console.
How exactly did you think he was going to get to 3.55 without doing that?
I have this in the screen "Update data of version 3.40 or later can be intalled on this system (8002F967)...I think I must pay a professional to fix it...My actual version is 4.75...
Yes your console can be downgraded, so now it is up to you to decide if it is something you could do yourself or if you want to pay someone else to do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back