Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter MadMan467       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMan467

Contributor
Hi guys,

i am wondering if it is possible to download PS4 game updates / patches directly via PC.

I came across this link for PS3 Game Updates:

https://a0.ww.np.dl.playstation.net/tpl/np/BLESXXXXX/BLEXXXXX-ver.xml

I tried filling in the title ID but no file was found every time i tried it.

Is there some similar (working :p) way to download updates directly via PC?

Thanks for your advises.

You forgot to mention that the person still needs PSN access in order to install the update. And you only have PSN Access if you are on current firmware. So if you are waiting for a hack and not updating your PS4 - you cannot update games in any way and this would be a waste of your time.

Thanks for your answers. Why should one need PSN access to install an update? I remember seeing a video in which someone installed game update pkgs via debug menu (or a possible homebrew later on)

But you are right, i want to keep my PS4 completely offline. I am sitting on a low firmware and see what happens. If nothing thats fine, i can update any time later.

It's sony being fcking aholes - that's why. I remember on the PS3 you could update etc - without any need to connect to booking PSN. Now if you want to so much as scratch your ass - it demands to connect to PSN first.

Thanks for these links. On OrbisModding it seems you can only download the latest Patch / PKG that possibly requires a too high FW version. :cautious:

Maybe eventually there will be a way to download specific patches when backups become publicly available. Thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back