Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 16, 2020 at 4:25 AM       2      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month Sony quietly shutdown a game's servers with no warning 😑, and as many are spending hundreds of hours creating MadeInDreams content for use with Dreams on PS4 it only makes sense to be able to backup / export and download level data but unfortunately this isn't the case... enter Jaames (aka Rakujira on Twitter) of JamesDaniel.dev who's working on a Dreams PS4 API Proxy & Network Reverse-Engineering project with his ultimate goal being to resolve this issue!

It's still a work-in-progress (WIP), but those interested in lending a hand can do so via Github where you'll find detailed API proxy & network reverse-engineering documentation for Media Molecule's Dreams PlayStation 4 video game. :geek:

Download: dreams-api-master.zip / GIT

From the README.md to quote: Dreams API

API proxy & reverse-engineering notes for Media Molecule's Dreams; a rad user-generated-content game on the PS4.

Currently consists of a NodeJS indreams.me API proxy that handles auth headers for you, plus some documentation

Motivation

The Dreams community is incredible, although the lack of export/backup options concerns me a little bit considering the sheer number of hours that people have put into making content. It would be a damn shame if Sony decided to pull the plug on all of these wonderful creations one day - so my ultimate goal is finding a way to download level data before then!

It's also... just kinda fun to figure out how things work :p

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to shoot me a DM on Twitter or email me via github at jamesdaniel dot dev.

Proxy Setup

Requires a NodeJS install (tested on v12.17.0) with NPM

Clone the repo from Github:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/jaames/dreams-api
Then inside the repo directory, install dependencies:
Code:
npm install
Copy apiconfig.example.json to apiconfig.json
Code:
cp apiconfig.example.json apiconfig.json
Then start the server: